Twisted Fates | 7

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Diana smiled kindly and reached up again, squeezing Corrin's shoulder. "Everything will be all right, Corrin. Things will work out."

Corrin huffed slightly, but even she couldn't help but smile. "You make it sound like as if you've dealt with mysterious forces and a dragon before. This makes me so...frustrated."

Diana snorted quietly to herself. "Oh trust my word on this, Corrin. I know plenty about mysterious forces and dragons."

...

If she was being honest here, Diana nearly cried when they finally decided to go to the Astral Plane to rest. She had been itching to talk to Lilith for nearly a week now, and it was finally a chance to do so.

The night of the day they had finally decided to stay in the Astral Plane, Diana quickly went over to Lilith's den to talk once again.

Lilith had looked at her with amusement when she entered. "You look like a mess."

"I've looked like worse," Diana sighed, shrugging off her cape and shutting the door shut before sealing the room with a sound spell. "I've been wanting to talk with you for days."

Lilith giggled. "It quite seems like it. Sit down, and let's discuss."

After a mild discussion about Corrin's army and the dragon princess's progress, Diana finally cut sharp to the point. "Lilith, I think Selena knows who I am."

The dragon gave her a look. "Corrin visited me earlier this day and told me about how she recruited Princess Camilla and her retainers. I never expected you to be found out this fast."

"I don't think I have been found out." Diana pursed her lips before sipping her tea. "I think that Selena knows who I am, but doesn't want to push the matter further."

"You are the one who knows your friends the most. You decide, Anastasia."

Diana bit her lip. "I grew up with Severa - or Selena, however she is called. When she comes up with an idea, she sticks with it forever. She never budges past it, even though she shows it. And I haven't been doing an exact job of proving to her that I'm not who she thinks I am."

Lilith smiled calmly, curling up in her nest. "Well, it doesn't seem that she is bothering to pursue you farther for more proof. Don't worry about your friend."

"It's not only Selena I'm worried about." Diana sighed. "If anything, Selena was the one I was least worried about. I barely managed to escape the sights of Laslow yesterday during the fight between the...that type of soldier. Laslow knows me the best, only second to Rukia. And Odin's my cousin too..." Diana sighed. "If I run into them, I'm so screwed. Especially Odin, because he's..."

"Colorful," Lilith supplied, and Diana grimaced. She poured herself another cup.

"Yeah, and he won't exactly hesitate to declare who I am to the entire army. Oh gods." Diana winced. "That would cause problems."

"Indeed." Lilith paused for a second. "And what about your search for the Imperium Diamond?"

"Don't remind me. It's going nowhere. Literally," Diana sighed, playing with her dark blue crystal at her fingertips. "It's been on and off yesterday, but today it's just dark blue. Yesterday it had the darkest red hue I had ever seen it change to yet, but even that wasn't dark red. It faded away as soon as I looked away."

Lilith hummed in thought. "Look harder."

"Lilith, you know who it is, right?"

Lilith nodded. "I know who took it. But to be fair, I'm not sure they have it now. They could have transferred it to a bigger force."