Dark Heart | 11

I don't own Fire Emblem.

I...don't want this arc to end lol.

Well, after an arc of literal chaos, I hope you enjoy this abundantly fluff filled chapter!

...

"In any case," Lucina said, keeping a tight grip on Diana, "what has actually been going on with you?"

"I'd like to know that," Margaret said, finally off of the roof. Her hair was a mess and she carried a litter of empty quivers behind her back, but her face was still flushed - either from the rush of danger or the fact that Aidan was following her, Diana didn't know. "He would to."

Diana grinned. "Well, I feel like Acadia would do better explaining, but since she's out keeping track of the final arrangements, I'll take over." She then looked at Margaret, and her eyes narrowed. "...but firstly, I've got a bone to pick with you."

...

"This dress is too tight on me."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is. It's the corset."

With a roll of her eyes, Diana stood up from the couch, the folds of her shimmering golden gown following her as she approached Acadia. With a huff, she grabbed onto the back laces of Acadia's own dark blue gown and lightly tugged.

"Acadia, it isn't tight. We've gone over this."

Acadia grimaced, staring at herself in the three way mirror. "It just doesn't...feel right."

Diana lifted up her skirts and climbed onto the elevated podium with Acadia, observing the other sorceress within the other mirror. "If it's about the look, you look gorgeous, Acadia."

The younger woman sighed, reaching up to lightly touch her face. Her brown hair had been elaborately twisted into a light waterfall braid by Diana, yellow daisies peeking through the woven strands. The jewelry she wore was Diana's - borrowed with the princess's enthusiastic permission. 

"Sorry," she sighed, her hand dropping. "I'm not used to wearing these kinds of gowns."

"Well, as you've told me, your world doesn't have that many balls, anyway." The princess stepped off of the podium and went over to grab some more accessories. Although her circlet, earrings, necklace, and ring were quite beneficiary for herself, she wanted Acadia to stand out more. "But after this, who knows? Your Emmeryn may throw many more majestic balls."

She heard a groan from the other sorceress at the mention of more balls, and had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing.

"Damn," Acadia muttered. "These things are beautiful, but they are indeed not something I would choose to wear. It's not suited for me."

Shrugging, Diana turned with more rings and bracelets in her hand. "It's not suited for everyone, and doesn't need to be. But you're gonna have to get used to it sooner or later. Take it from me."

Acadia didn't protest as Diana beckoned her to hold out her right hand, which the latter girl started to attach the bracelet onto her wrist. "You actually like wearing those dresses though."

Diana held up a finger, her others clamping over the rings to keep them in place. "Just because I like wearing them doesn't mean I like wearing all of them."

"Fair enough."

The door opened as Diana slipped on the last of Acadia's rings, and Lucina and Margaret slipped through the doorway to enter Diana's bedroom. The girls wore gowns of lavender and mahogany respectively, and the latter grinned brightly at the sight of both sorceresses. "Not done dressing up yet?"