Twisted Fates | 22

I don't own Fire Emblem.

This one's a little too canon, but it was still awesome and fun to write. Make sure you have spare time, grab some popcorn and sit back before you read this, because this is a really long ride (over 11K!). Have fun!

...

Cheers erupted, and Diana had to smile at that. Everyone's faith was strong, and their bonds had deepened as well as their skill. They seem to have the similar morale to the Shepherds, and that was why Diana had trust that they would win this war.

'But where is Anankos?' She pondered to herself. 'If I'm calculating and recalling right he should be here-'

And that was when the rumbling started.

...

It was like an earthquake, only Diana knew it wasn't so. But still, it acted like one, especially when pieces of the ceiling started to fall and crumble down onto them.

The first fall of debris almost fell right onto Diana, if Takumi hadn't quickly noticed and tackled her away from it. The second nearly fell on Corrin, but then Kaze was quick and snatched her before it crashed down to where Corirn had previously been standing. Multiple more pieces began to fall, but the shaking didn't seem hard enough to collapse the entire ceiling.

At least, Diana hoped.

Once she had stumbled away from her near concussion, she shot a sweet smile to Takumi in thanks and then glanced at the face from behind the throne, already suspecting what was to come. After all, she had seen this face one already when she had been caged like an animal, and it seems like Anankos was indeed there and watching them the whole time.

They probably shouldn't have spent so much idle time talking when their enemy was in fact right in front of them. 

Black wisps of aura began to gather together, circling around the group. Everyone had already been alert from the start of the shaking, but at the sight they immediately drew all their weapons if not already drawn.

The wisps of aura shot straight toward the stone face behind the broken throne, and in a flash it burst into life. The animated object straightened itself up and extended its neck of stone and splintered wood to the army as far as it could go.

The stone face was huge, towering about ten feet high, with a delicate yet cracked face carved into it. A teardrop mark was in between its eyes, and a similar smaller one at its chin. Its eyes never really opened, but Diana knew he was peering at them somewhere with spite, and that this was only a dignified solid persona of the dragon God. Like Grima, his real form was in the embodiment of a dragon.

When Diana had first saw it in the cage, it had given her the chills. After all, it was quite an intimidating figure. Then the longer she stared at it, the more she couldn't take Anankos seriously in that form, if she was really being honest with herself. Even Grima itself had a more threatening presence as a human.

If anything, his whole persona reminded her of the time Noire accidentally jinked all of the stone statues in the palace while toying with her mother's things.

Despite the circumstances, Diana felt a smile tugging on her lips at the thought, but then shoved it down.

"Anankos," Corrin whispered.

"I have been waiting for you, Corrin." The familiar voice filled her ears, sending a sharp chill down her spine. It had been a little while since she had heard that voice, and Diana probably would never forget it. This was the voice who had threatened her family, who had slaughtered innocents and who had attacked her friends. Like Grima, Anankos would forever be burned in her memory.