Pandemonium - Part Two

I don't own Fire Emblem.

This one's also a tiny bit lengthy. Have fun!

...

"Do you swear that you are not lying?"

"I swear an oath to Naga that I am not lying."

Aidan paused. "All right. Tell me everything."

...

"Wow, that looks terrible back there," Lucina commented as she approached the other future children, her younger three year old self cradled on the side of her hip. "They're seriously arguing about how to save Diana...like the last time?"

Cynthia giggled, looking over her shoulder to check to see how the situation was escalating. "Yep! No kidding, huh? I just hope they won't break something like last time."

"They probably will," Inigo rolled his eyes, joining Cynthia in glancing at the chaos going on behind them. "Luckily we know they won't kill each other."

"Hopefully. You never know what has changed with the flow of time," Lucina said, sitting down next to her fiance. Inigo brushed back a lock of toddler Lucina's hair, making her giggle and grab at his fingers. Lucina passed the little girl to him.

"Why do you think we're sitting here, then?" Severa sent her a pointed look. "We're making sure that they don't end up staining the grass with blood."

Lucina nodded, although her eyebrow was still raised. "Uh huh. And what's with all of this money on the table?" She gestured to the said table, which was littered with gold.

Kjelle smirked, tossing another bag of coins onto the table. "We're betting on how this scenario plays out. I've got big money on Diana just kicking all of their asses this time. Her patience has lessened a lot!"

"Please," Laurent shook his head. "You must think logically here. This is Diana we are discussing here. She will no doubt do the same as she has done before, only faster."

That was what Lucina thought, but she wasn't going to jump into the bet as well.

"I'm just gonna say that Diana's gonna buy her time," Cynthia shrugged. "I mean...personally I think she is the type of person to calculate everything before acting."

"Really," Owain drawled dryly. "Tell that wondrous idea to the time when my cousin valiantly charged into that base of enemies without thinking. I most certainly agree with Kjelle's proposal."

Severa snorted. "That's bullcrap and you all know it. She's going to do the exact same thing she did last time. Diana's dramatic like that. Kjelle's theory is wack."

"You wanna bet on that, twin tails?" Kjelle raised an eyebrow.

"Already did, if you weren't paying attention."

As the table argued over the results of the Creatian kidnapping, Lucina began duly ignoring them (and the sounds of the Shepherds arguing in the back), and turned to her fiance. "And what do you think?"

Inigo raised both of his hands, carefully balancing Lucy on his lap. "I abstained, and so did Brady and Yarne. You and I can both agree that Dia is unpredictable."

"No kidding," Lucina smiled softly. "Although between you and me, I am expecting her to execute what she did those eleven years ago. I wonder if she remembers any of it though."

"Oh, she will. None of us have forgotten it, because it was such a humorous situation in the end. I mean, a ten year old outwitted an entire foreign kingdom within a couple of weeks. It's too funny to not remember." Inigo paused from his conversation and looked around. "Where's Morgan? I would've thought he'd be around."