Twisted Fates | 5

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Finally, Diana quickly brought up her leg and kicked the other person in the stomach. They let out a shriek - it was a girl - and stumbled backward, and Diana finally got a good look at her face.

When she saw who it was, she mentally groaned to herself.

'I don't have any luck with these types of things at all, do I?'

...

Severa, or Selena as she was called in this world, stood in front of her, staring wide eyed with shock as her jaw dropped. Like Diana's own hair was now straight and her father's blue, Selena's hair color was changed to Cordelia's vibrant red instead of Gaius's orange, although she still kept them in neater twin tails. Her garb was completely changed, and Diana was unused to seeing Severa wear that type of clothing. She held a steel sword on her right hand, her left shoulder having a small shield strapped against it.

Otherwise, she looked exactly the same. Even the look of horror on her face hadn't changed one bit.

"Diana?!" Selena shrieked. She was clearly petrified from where she was standing, absolutely stunned and in a standstill. Her hands were visibly shaking, the sword in her hands rocking back and forth between her fingertips. "But how...what-"

'Oh boy, here we go.'

Keeping a straight and blank face, Diana cocked her head slightly to her side. "Who?"

"Don't lie to me!" Selena yelled. "It really is you, Diana! I would recognize you anywhere!"

Diana made a confused face. "Pardon, but who is Diana? That isn't my name."

Selena narrowed her eyes slightly. "Who sent you here? What is going on? You're supposed to be dead! What are you doing here? How are you alive?"

Diana sighed, mostly to herself. "I'm so sorry, miss. My name isn't Diana, and I don't know you."

The other girl let out a shriek of frustration. "Diana, stop lying to me right now! I know that is you!"

'Great, this isn't going very well.' Diana gripped her own sword. "Once again, I am not Diana. I don't know who she is or who she is to you. I'm sorry."

"You-" Selena looked pissed, but then her face hardened. "Fine. Say whatever the hell you want to say. I don't care about it anymore. Diana died three years ago!"

'Harsh.'

"My condolences for your loss," Diana said, brandishing her sword and, taking careful step to conceal her Ylissean royal stance, aimed it at Selena. "Now, will we fight or not?"

Selena looked stricken for a moment before her face hardened and she raised her own sword at her as well. "Fine! Whatever then! You're not worthy to wear Diana's face anyway! I'll wipe it right off of your skin so that you don't tarnish her memory!"

'Wow, thanks.'

Diana swallowed tightly. "Very well. Get ready."

Selena glared at her before charging at her, sword ready.

Quickly, Diana sidestepped the maneuver, bringing her own sword up. She took the flat part of her blade, then twisted her own body backward and underneath as Selena swiped to Diana's direction.

Quickly the two women straightened up, and Diana leveled her sword to point toward Selena again. Right as Selena suddenly ran toward her sword behind, Diana identified it as a bluff and quickly spun around, holding her sword horizontally above her head, and blocking the strike Selena delivered from above as she jumped.