Chapter Thirty Three

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

She was back at the altar.

In the same white dress.

And Naga was once again glowing divinely in front of her, giving her a sad smile.

"My dear child..." She said gently. "So you have discovered who you truly are."

...

Diana's eyes immediately lowered to the ground, heat flaring to her cheeks. "Has...has everything Grima told me to be true, perhaps?"

Naga sighed. "Yes, my child. I'm afraid so."

Her hands gathered up the fabric of the white shimmering dress, clutching them tightly. "I'm so sorry. I don't deserve your hospitality, nor do I deserve the title of your servant. Please forgive me."

"Now, do not say that. No one is to blame for your misfortune, including you. That fault lies on the fell dragon."

The princess sighed. "But how do I, someone who has been the fall of her kingdom, be part of your family?"

"You have never asked for this fate. There is no reason for you to apologize." Naga paused. "Although, you have been slightly rash these past few days."

Diana rubbed her head, looking up cautiously. "I-I have to admit...my actions have been extremely reckless beforehand. I...just wanted answers."

Naga nodded. "And the answers you received. Do not worry, your measures have not gone to waste."

Even though all there was around her was bright and warm light, Diana felt like as if she had a black cloud looming over her. "W-what do I do?" She shook slightly, the atmosphere suddenly feeling cold around her. "I'm destroying my family from the inside. Intentionally or not, I've doomed my family. If I'm still here, then the battle we've being fighting will be for nothing."

A warm breeze blew past her face, blowing gently against her hair. She shut her eyes. "Is there any way...that I can destroy this piece in me, and prevent the world Lucina and I came from?"

The green dragon tensed slightly. "There is..." Naga said slowly. "However, I do not believe you will come to terms with this."

Diana's eyes widened, and she took a few steps forward eagerly. "Is there? If so, may I know it? No matter what sacrifice, I have to carry it out. For the sake of my people, my friends, and my family."

"Are...are you sure, my child?"

The princess nodded firmly. "I must. I can't live with myself if I'm the reason my family falls again. Please, tell me."

A sigh escaped Naga's lips. "Very well."

When Naga was finished, Diana was sure she had gone pure pale white. "I-is this the only option?"

Naga's face was solemn. "I'm...afraid so. Will you be willing to carry it out?"

She bit her lip, looking down. Thoughts were flowing through her mind, and there was a mixture of emotions that she couldn't separate. She didn't know if she could do this.

Then Lucina's image rippled in her mind.

Her sister had fought so hard to get them to the position they were in now. If she refused, all they would have fought for would have been for naught.

And she couldn't let that happen.

Diana inhaled, and then released the breath as she looked up at Naga.