Chapter Four

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

After a few more statements, it became official.

Diana was staying as a fellow Shepherd, with a vote of 50 to 1.

You can obviously tell who that "1" was.

...

Three months passed. It was now late March.

Diana had been accepted in the ranks of the Shepherds and castle staff. She was one of the most respected and known Shepherds in Ylisstol, despite Macentos's attempts to scorn her. How did she get this popular, you may ask?

Because of her sweet attitude, her extraordinary powers, and let's not forget her beauty.

Because she had to keep her past and intentions a secret, she was forced to work as Robin's official assistant and Lady in Waiting. Not that she minded, she looked forward to spending time with Robin. It's just...Macentos was the one that caused it to happen after the nearly unanimous vote in the courtroom three months ago. He had thrown a fit in rage, and this compromise had to be placed in order for the older man to calm down.

It caused this job to be a bitter reminder that there will be always someone breathing down her neck.

So, instead of living in the barracks, she transferred to a room near Robin's instead. And the funny thing is...it was hers. Literally hers. The one she slept in for 12 years of her life, her bedroom, her sanctuary.

"This feels nostalgic," Diana had muttered as she put down her bags and glanced around her bedroom. There was a large red velvet four poster bed facing her as she entered the room through the large double doors, complete with curtains. On the left wall, there was a beautiful window seat, while on the right side was a little seating area complete with a coffee table, a rug underneath, and paintings. Next to the window seat, there was a set of two bookcases tucked up against a corner, one facing the same direction Diana was, the other in the same position as the window seat. A desk sat on the other side of the window seat, a place for Diana to work. On each side of the bed was a door. One for the bathroom and one for her closet. The rest of the place was filled with empty space.

Perfect.

As a lady in waiting, Diana had to grow accustomed to wearing long gowns again. When she was younger, honestly she didn't mind, but after five years of wearing nothing but battle armor every day, fighting for their lives, she felt uncomfortable in them. It took her a while to get accustomed to them again, but she did. Soon, she began to adapt to a white gown that required no corset with a black sash. She also pinned her hair back with a delicate diamond clip, a necklace matching the dress, and earrings dangled from her ears. It was usually used for chores or simple activities, but Diana insisted on wearing that dress for her usual wear.

Of course, that didn't help Macentos's attitude toward her. He took this as a sign of ignorance. "Ladies must be wearing fancy gowns and adorned in jewelry!" He had declared when he found out. "Mind you, Lady Diana, that as a lady in waiting, it is not best for you to be parading around the palace in a servant's wear!"

Diana raised an eyebrow. "Firstly, this isn't exactly a servant wear. It's one of the dresses that were laid out for me when I arrived here at the palace. And beg your pardon, my Lord, but weren't you the one that chose my wardrobe, due to my status as a Lady in Waiting?"

Macentos opened his mouth to argue but quickly shut it, having noticed that Diana had spoken the truth and that he had no nasty comeback for her. He quickly stormed off in rage.

Fast forward to a month later. Diana and Robin grew incredibly close, despite Robin being 3 years older. Chrom and Diana grew to trust each other as well, and even Frederick warmed up to her quickly. It filled her with a bunch of bittersweet memories that she kept in her mind. Her parents were young and alive again, yet they didn't know that they were her parents. Having to call them "Chrom" and "Robin" was strange enough, but having them act like...they were not her parents was weird.