Twisted Fates | 13

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Ryoma was right. She couldn't let them down.

Not now.

"Thank you, Ryoma," Corrin breathed, and Ryoma squeezed her shoulder before he let go. Anastasia had a wide smile on her face, and Corrin nodded thankfully to her before she turned back to the army. "All right! We don't have a choice! Everyone, prepare for battle!"

...

The only thing Diana could think about as the army struggled to push against the Nohrian army was how similar Iago was to Validar. They gave off the same exact vibe and attitude, which gave Diana very uncomfortable flashbacks of her supposed grandfather itself. It was almost scary on how alike they were - it kind of freaked her out.

She tried her best to shove away all the thoughts about it as she fought, and once again the battle was not fairing toward the side of Corrin's army. Only this time, it was way too obvious. While they had done a quick healing session with her, Sakura, and Elise, there wasn't enough time to heal major wounds, and some had to carry in the wounds into the new battle with them. However it served too much as a liability to many soldiers, yet that wasn't the only thing pushing the army to its knees.

Even with Ryoma and Hinoka's efforts, they were constantly being pushed back. Although they could handle a considerable amount of soldiers, they just kept on coming. It was endless rounds of soldiers, and there were so many that Diana was absolutely sure they would be slaughtered soon enough.

They kept pushing forward, but were pushed back. The battle was a constant repetitive pattern, and frankly, Diana was getting a little sick of it. Judging from the looks of the others around them, they were as well. Corrin looked especially frustrated.

At one point the army was getting very close to the other side of the trees, where they would meet the edge of the bridge hovering over the Bottomless Canyon. Corrin was already shoving in front of them, looking back every now and then to make sure the army was right behind her.

Then right as they almost broke through the trees, another round of soldiers appeared out of nowhere and startled them out of nowhere. It caused the army to suddenly backtrack - some having to jump out of the way just to avoid them. A flurry of arrows shot at them, and Diana didn't hesitate to leap in the air to deliver a swift wind swipe, snapping all of the arrows in half. However, she had to float backward, and landed besides Corrin. The girl herself had kicked and stabbed a soldier that had been fighting with her, and once she had gotten that sorted, she turned to Anastasia with a frustrated look.

"More enemy reinforcements? You have got to be joking!" Corrin shouted in anger, turning around to block another strike. Diana sent a blast of fire coming his way, and he was immediately knocked backward. The dragon princess looked at Corrin, clearly pissed off. "How many more soldiers can there be?"

"It's like they're materializing them out of the damn air." Diana had to duck away from a sword swiping at her, before she raised her hand and the Nohrian soldier was swept away, knocking a few of his fellow soldiers as well. "Any sign of them stopping?"

The Alpha Yato stabbed through a couple of more soldiers before Corrin had to stop to catch her breath. "Things are looking bad, honestly..." Corrin's red eyes flitted toward Diana. "What should we do?"

"Woah, Corrin!" Diana had to roll forward to intercept a bunch of mages that had intended to strike at Corrin's back. Quickly, she blasted them away, but before she could speak up again, a new voice interrupted her.

"Don't worry, Corrin. We'll get you through this."

"Jeez," a second voice continued, "you really can't get anything done without our help, can you?"