Chapter Eleven

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Tears coursed swiftly down her cheeks, but she quickly wiped them away. "I don't know anymore..."

"Think about it," Lucy said, taking Cecelia by the hand. "In the end, just be the person you truly are. Oh, and an apology to Diana would do when she comes back as well."

They both left, leaving Margaret to her thoughts.

...

Chrom ran a hand through his hair as he paced back and forth. It had been days since he had received the letter from Diana, telling him that they had found Robin, and already he had called off the search. Everyone but Diana's search team was already home.

But he had yet to see Robin herself. And he was waiting for her to come back.

His hope had begun to become a thin line by the time Diana had sent out that letter. He had never been so happy to see Diana's graceful penmanship in his life, hoping that the sorceress had some news.

Naga had answered his wishes when he read the first line.

Then his heart sank when he read the second.

Now, it was days later and he hadn't heard word from Maribelle, his sister, or Diana.

Margaret had been avoiding everyone almost at all costs ever since the day before, which he had found very strange. Though she wasn't the most open person, she wasn't the most silent either, and it was brought to Chrom's attention when she suddenly became secretive. Lucy and Cecelia hadn't helped matters either as they seemed to only discuss things with each other, all while shooting looks at the prince himself.

Macentos had been acting discrete as well. In a way, he seemed more annoying than usual.

It was strange, but Chrom couldn't worry about that right now as he awaited Robin's arrival.

...

"Robin, you're fine, right?"

Robin nodded, but she knew that Diana knew that she was lying. Diana didn't turn around to face the white haired girl on the horse as they drew closer to Ylisse. They had left late last night after catching some sleep and packing some food.

Robin had agreed to come back to Ylisse, but inside, she was conflicted. The others saw it but didn't question it. She was still swallowing the fact that Chrom was in love with her, and not only was she going to have to face him but his suitors and the councilors as well. Though Diana had tried to reassure her that it was fine and that the councilors and two of the suitors were not interested in marriage with Chrom, Robin was still not reassured.

There was also Macentos to deal with.

Shaking her head, Robin was brought out of her thoughts when she suddenly heard Maribelle say something that only increased her nerves.

"We're here."

...

Margaret couldn't understand how much of an impact the other two courtiers had left on her.

It was only words. Words! But they had been bothering her ever since they had stepped out of her bedroom.

In some ways, she pondered over their words, comparing their stories to hers. She suddenly felt an immense wave of guilt for so many things. For treating Diana coldly, for being an absolutely horrible person, for feeling as if she's the only person who is hurt.

They were right. She needed to apologize. Not only to Diana, but to many others as well. She had felt lonely all her life and she had taken it out on others.