The Future Past | 4

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

As if on cue, there was a sudden burst of light that almost made Diana blind had she not looked away quickly. It shone brilliantly, its rays spiraling in the skies. The magic energy omitted from the light was chilling, wild, vicious-

When it started to fade away, it started to descend to the ground and touched with a large slam. Diana gripped the Kyuseishu tightly when the light faded in front of her, revealing exactly what she expected.

"Oh gods," she whispered, as she stared at her own doppelganger, who was rearing her magic at them threateningly. The lights from her fingertips burst, and suddenly Diana was airborne.

...

The gloomy skies that had encased the battlefield was suddenly batted away with a giant glowing light, one so unnatural and dangerous. Lucina shielded her eyes in a hurry - and was barely able to do so - or else she would have gone blind. Luckily, everyone seemed to do the same.

Although they were dead, the Risen seemed to be so focused on the battle that they took a chance at the distraction from the light as a chance to strike. But Lucina caught the weapon flying at her as soon as she reopened her eyes again, and parried the strike with a mighty blow of the Parallel Falchion. The spear went flying away from her, and she buried her sword in its gut.

"What in Naga's name was that?" She shouted to the person closest to her, the alternate Kjelle, but suddenly took notice about how the girl was visibly paling.

"No..." Her weapon shook in her hand. "This can't be! She can't be here!"

"Who?" Lucina demanded. "Who the hell is here?!"

Before she could respond, a glowing meteor suddenly slammed right next to her. Lucina was thrown off of her feet, and she rolled onto the grassy floor of the battlefield. She regained her footing as fast as possible and snatched up her sword.

The glowing meteor turned out to be her sister, who staggered up as the light faded from around her body. Her lips were bleeding, although Lucina wasn't sure it was from her own sister's nervous biting or from whatever attack was going on. She looked around wildly and locked eyes with Lucina, but before either girl could respond there was a whistle of energy, and low and behold, more white magic was shooting straight at her.

Diana unsheathed the Kyuseishu and swung it quickly, batting away the sudden wave of magical energy. She tucked away the Kyuseishu at lightening speed and Lucina felt her magical energy rise up to an almost nonexistent extent.

"Get back!" Diana screamed, and without hesitation she threw her arms up. Her magic shot from her hands in spirals of white and golden light, and slammed another glow in the sky, which had summoned its own columns of light.

Lucina jumped backward, Falchion raised high in panic. Her eyes shot up to the person fighting against Diana, and her eyes widened.

It was...Diana. But her hair was entirely black, rather than Diana's half white and half black. She was encased in a dangerous aura, haunting over the battlefield dangerously like a puppet waiting for its master to beckon its movements.

"What the hell?" Lucina whispered, stumbling backward at the sight.

Didn't the other girls say that she was dead?

With anticipation, Lucina watched as Diana parried off the tunnel of magic with her other hand and rose up. She reared back and slammed straight into the other sorceress, and the two battling women veered out toward the other side of the gap. Magical energy exploded even from afar.