Chapter Twenty Five

I don't own Fire Emblem. (Never will, otherwise I would have switched the Female Avatar to marrying Chrom on default no matter what the player did)

I don't own the picture above. It's Diana's new armor. Enjoy folks.

...

Her nightgown had slipped all the way past her shoulders, loosely wrapping around her chest. But that wasn't what terrified her.

There was something that was not there before.

Her mother's tattoo, which seemed to glow in the dark, was centered right above her heart.

...

"You're going to have to do a better job than to hide from me."

Wincing lightly, Diana didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. Lucina stood behind her, a stern expression on her face, arms crossed. Sighing lightly, Diana turned back to look at the quickly setting sun. "You caught me."

"You've been avoiding everyone since four days ago, Diana," Lucina's tone switched to slight concern. "Is something the matter?"

Diana wrung her hands tightly together, something that did not go unnoticed by Lucina. "I'm alright. I just needed some time alone, that is all."

Lucina opened her mouth for one second, but noticed how stiff her sister was, despite the fact that Lucina was facing Diana's back. Considering the idea of pressuring her more, Lucina finally nodded. "If you insist. Don't go too far, will you?"

"I'm fully contempt on staying here," her sister replied, still not meeting her eyes.

Sighing lightly, Lucina turned around and left her sister sitting on the ground.

Once she was gone, Diana's hand landed on top of her heart, where the tattoo was branded. The same tattoo that was rumored to be the mark of Grima, the very same that her mother hid with her gloves. Glancing at her battle armor, which she had not bothered to take off after the trek today, she flinched when she saw the mark peeking out of her halter top, daring to emerge more.

If someone would look closer, then the secret that was written on her skin would be revealed.

Ever since she found the tattoo glaring at on her chest four days ago, Diana had not gotten a moment's sleep. Luckily, she had slipped back into their tent before anyone woke up, but the thought of the mysterious tattoo, and its possible links to her nightmares, hadn't disappeared with her mind.   

Then it was if the tattoo burned underneath her fingers. Her fingers curled as pain suddenly began to flare. The Brand of the Exalt seemed to suddenly react with the sudden jolt of pain as well – glowing brightly. There was suddenly a sensation as if two people were fighting – right in her chest.

Wincing a little, Diana tried to breathe evenly as the ongoing battle was being fought right in herself.

Slowly the pain ceased, and the battle stopped.

But her fear didn't go with it.

...

"Where's Diana?" Morgan peered at Lucina the next morning, who shrugged. "I really don't know, Morgan. I haven't seen her since last night."

"Is something wrong?" Morgan blinked.

His oldest sister sighed.

"To honest, Morgan, I don't know." Lucina maintained her saddle on her horse before hopping on. "Mother and Father are looking for her now."

"Don't worry, I'm here."

Simultaneously, both siblings turned around, and their mouths dropped in surprise.