The Second Chance | 13

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

"I'm...Lucina's younger sister," she began. Chrom's eyes widened, but that didn't stop her. "I'm your second daughter.

"The truth is...you've met me before. In fact, I fought with you in the battle against Grima, and lived with you for a year and a half. I helped you and Robin get married. I was present for it all. You only forgot about me because-"

She stopped speaking when Chrom collapsed, clutching his head with a pained yell.

...

Chrom had felt physical and emotional pain before.

He had suffered wounds, some so serious that if Lissa or Maribelle weren't next to him at that current moment, he would have died.

He had felt the painful loss of Emmeryn and then Robin, as he watched them die before his eyes.

But never did he think that those two separate pains would combine together at the very moment.

His head pounded hard. His mind was buzzing, as if there was someone knocking on his head over and over again with a hammer. Suddenly he was so hypersensitive of everything around him - every little thing hurt. 

Chrom could feel Diana struggling to keep him upright, but his ears throbbed and he could hear a single thing she was saying. He squeezed his eye shut as the throbbing got more intense.

Until it seemed to burst.

Voices covered his head, both his and hers. Images swarmed in his brain.

"My name is Diana. I'm Marth's sister. I'm sure you remember her, don't you?"

"I assure you that I want nothing more than to explain everything. But my role, along with my sister's, cannot be shared out for the time being. Not even with the Exalt."

"Don't insult Diana in my presence. Actually, don't ever say anything bad about Diana in general to anyone. She is one of our beloved members, and I'm not just saying this for Diana, I'm saying this for you. Should anyone hear you say these remarks, then I don't think you'll live to see the next day."

"It wasn't all me. The Valmese may have their warships, but we have a certain secret weapon named Diana."

"I told you I was Marth's sister, didn't I?"

"I'm...Lucina's younger sister. Your second daughter."

"I believe in you. You're in there somewhere. I know it."

"Through your union, the royal blood of Naga and Grima have gone array. Naga explained to me that when I was born, the royal Exalted and Grimleal bloodlines fused together. That reaction caused...several results in the process."

"Raise Falchion and kill me."

"I will not be some divine host for you to store your life force in. Instead, I'll be something more."

"I'm sorry, Father...I have to go."

"I love you all. Though you will not remember me, I will never forget you."

The memories and the voices spun in his head, clicking in his brain like a lock in a keyhole. Everything was coming back...the moments, the words, the memories...

Suddenly, everything made sense.

The memories flowed in and connected together with the ones already present. He relived everything. He saw everything again.