The Future Past | 2

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Diana Celeste trotted forward on top of a Pegasus, wearing regal battle garb. She looked as beautiful as the last time Cynthia saw her, and her circlet glinted under the firelight. She wore a necklace of emerald, a trinket depicting an arrow, and several rings on her fingers. A silver sword, one with a hilt of gold that shone brightly, was slung to her side. She was older, more confident, and brighter - but like Morgan, there was no doubt that it was her.

"Write me a paycheck, Morgan." The sorceress gracefully dismounted the horse, and then walked over to pick up Cynthia's lance. She spun it with her fingers, before she laid her eyes on Cynthia. A warm smile blossomed on Diana's face, making Cynthia's stomach turn. The sorceress walked over to her, and offered her the weapon politely.

"I believe this belongs to you, Cynthia."

...

Three minutes ago

"I smell smoke. And I hear voices," Diana said softly as they approached a dead end. "Voices that sound like you guys."

She was looking at four of her friends directly, who looked both terrified and stunned to hear their voices through the thin walls.

Sully's eyes widened when she listened closer. "Wait, the kids are saying their goodbyes! Are they accepting their deaths?"

Cynthia was clutching her lance tightly as she listened to her own voice through the wall. "The hell? You mean you're telling me that I'm already giving up fighting against these bastards?"

Nah sighed. "You've got to remember, Cynthia, we did give up last time before Diana and Lucina saved us, remember?"

Chrom turned to his daughters at that comment, who nodded in response to his silent question of confirmation.

"I suppose some things are different in this world," Diana clarified. "That's my best guess to why Lucina, at least, hasn't gone to retrieve them by now. But forget that. We have to go and save the girls, right now!"

Robin nodded. "Listen, if the layout of the room is as you guys describe to me, then I think I've got a good plan. The girls must be on the other side of this wall. Diana, would you mind blasting open it?"

The sorceress reared her horse back. "All right, everyone, step back."

"You're just gonna break it open?" Her brother chirped to her as Aduro slowed down next to him. "You gotta make it extra exciting."

Despite the situation, Diana found it in herself to giggle. "How so?"

"Say something epic!" Morgan made an exploding noise with his hands. "Lighten things up a bit! I'm sure the girls in there need it!"

Half of the Shepherd started laughing under their breath, and the more serious ones just gave Morgan a roll of their eyes. But even the usually serious Lucina was smiling at Morgan's comment.

Humorously, Diana shrugged. "Say it for me. Any line, and I'll pay you when we get back."

"Fifty gold?"

"All right, it's a bet."

Morgan cleared his throat. "On your mark, sis. Break down the wall."

The mists of white wove into her fingers, balancing out in her palm gently. Those around her could gently feel wind building up around them, and shivered due to it.

"Everyone prepare to run as soon as I release this magic. Ready?"

The Shepherds bared their weapons out at the sorceress's command. Immediately, Diana set the wave of magic loose at the wall, which burst right open. Then all she could hear were the sounds of running feet, galloping horses, and Morgan screaming, "WHAT'S UP, BASTARDS?!".