Twisted Fates | 19

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

There was a sudden chill behind her spine, as if something was behind her. Quickly, she turned around-

There was a sudden burst of magic flying right to her. It hit her hard, sending her flying backward.

Everything went black.

...

"I still can't believe it's him who is the spy," Lilith mentioned as they raced through the giant maze of a castle, trying to find Corrin. "You are absolutely right, Corrin is going to be devastated."

"I don't know him very well, unfortunately," Diana pursed her lips. "Agh- damn these sharp stones, my cape is already ripped enough-"

"Corrin does, though," Lilith said, ignoring Diana's struggle with her clothes. "She grew up with him. It'll be quite a painful moment when she realizes that he is the traitor."

"No kidding."

...

Six days and nine hours since the disappearance of Diana Celeste (Anastasia)

Corrin woke up to find Gunter staring at her worriedly. "Milady!"

"Gunter..." Groaning, Corrin sat up, taking his hand and leaping to her feat.

"You came too. That is a relief." Gunter gave her a smile. "What had happened?"

Corrin rubbed her head worriedly, and then her arm. "I'm not sure...I...I was attacked by incredibly powerful magic..."

Gunter's face morphed into realization. "I thought I sensed something. Listen, milady." He grasped Corrin's shoulder. "The enemy must have escaped down the corridor. I'll go after them - please stay here and recover."

"No, I'll go with you. It will be easier if we can catch them together. Besides, there's something I need to check."

Gunter was silent for a second, before nodded. "All right. We'll go together."

"Listen, I need to tell you this," Corrin said as they started to run down the corridor. "I think the same person that attacked me earlier is the same one that killed Scarlet."

Gunter skidded to a stop. "What?! Are you sure?"

Corrin nodded. "Absolutely. Before they attacked me, they said this mantra of words...I am the forgotten dragon, the betrayed king...the entombed dragon. In the name of the King of Valla, I sentence you to death. They said those exact words before they attempted to kill me at the canyon and killed Scarlet."

"Then I suppose the killer is trying to catch you when you are separated from everyone else..." Gunter murmured. "Did he or she somehow knew that we split up? Our original suspicion may be correct, Lady Corrin. Your attacker could be part of our group."

Corrin's chest tightened at the thought of a traitor in her group of comrades. The only good at confirming this information was that Anastasia most likely wasn't the traitor, since she was still missing.

"I understand, since both you and Ryoma confirmed it before, but we cannot be hasty. Scarlet would have despised it if we turned on each other for no reason."

Gunter nodded slowly. "You're right."

They both began running again down the corridor.

"It's quite a shameful sight," Gunter said thoughtfully. "The sight of her with that flower on her chest just before the jump...I don't want to wish the same fate on you, milady."