Chapter Thirteen

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Pretty soon, the maid of honor dresses and bridesmaid dresses were finished and purchased. The theme, gold and white, were decided. The cake style was made. The rings were officially finished.

Soon, everything was in place.

And the magical day came.

...

"What if I drop the ring?"

"Robin-"

"What if I forget my vows?"

"Robin-"

"Naga, what if he leaves me in the altar?"

"ROBIN!" Diana shouted firmly, grasping the panicking tactician by the shoulders. The wedding was in a few hours, and they were getting ready – well, if getting ready meant trying to calm a panicked bride down.

Diana and the bridesmaids were all dressed in their bridesmaid dresses, the golden gowns sweeping past their feet and their white heels tapping on the floor. Lissa, as maid of honor, had a slightly more elegant and appealing version of the dress. Their hair was twisted into delicate hairstyles, circlets of gold settled on top of their hair. Sumia and Cordelia, the other bridesmaids, were as satisfied as Diana was with how the clothes had turned out.

The bride herself was panicking and certainly not ready. She was still in her robe, her hair in a frenzy and had been pacing earlier and would still be had Diana not grabbed her shoulders. The wedding dress lay on a mannequin in a corner, accompanied by her veil and tiara, jewelry, and shoes.

"You're going to be fine," the sorceress continued to reassure Robin, looking at her in the eye. "Chrom loves you, and he'll never leave you. Nothing is going to happen. We'll all make sure of it. So deep breaths. Relax. Everything's going to be fine."

"Bridal scares," Cordelia muttered quietly. "I got them before my wedding with Gaius. I know how you feel, Robin. You'll be fine." Cordelia had a small wedding with Gaius just a month before, while Robin was still missing.

"Don't you feel a bit uncomfortable, Cordelia? I'm practically marrying the man you harbored feelings for."

Cordelia raised an eyebrow. "I've gotten over Chrom ever since I discovered Gaius loved me. No need to fret, Robin. There's no hard feelings between us." She stood up and headed to the wedding dress. "But there will be if you don't get your nerves collected and let us dress you up!"

"Am I ready?" Robin sighed, settling down on a stool. "I mean – I'm happy. I'm marrying the man I love on the most beautiful day imaginable. So what's holding me back?"

Sumia shrugged. "Besides bridal scares? Nothing else. Robin, it's just nerves. Everyone gets nervous when you get involved in something life changing. I mean...I was very shy when Frederick and I started a tentative courtship...but now everything's fine! And I'm sure your wedding will be just as beautiful and glorious as the two of you are together."

"She's right, Robin," Lissa grinned. "There's nothing to worry about. My brother loves you, and I know you'll be fine."

"They will be," Diana said, rubbing the back of her right hand. "Now, get into that dress. Let's let the others see how radiant you are in that dress."

...

"Chrom, you're getting married, not marching to your death."

"It feels like it," Chrom muttered, adjusting his white and gold robe for the hundredth time. He ran a hand through his blue hair. "Do I look fine, Stahl?"