Twisted Fates | 4

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Corrin smiled. "All right...we're glad to have you with us. That's four more valuable allies...Thank you, Archduke Izana. This is all thanks to you. I promise to never forget the sacrifice you have made for us."

She closed her eyes, and everyone, including Takumi, fell silent, in remembrance to the Archduke.

They were so focused on it, they didn't notice that Anastasia's necklace was now a faint color of pink.

...

Being with Corrin's group really perked up Diana's mood a little. They were quite a motley crew, but then again, so were the Shepherds. So Diana didn't mind.

Apparently, instead of a camp, Corrin's army stayed in another worldly area called the Astral Plane, which was apparently a castle and a fort that was...basically another world, but not quite like another Outrealm. It was more furnished than her father's camp during the battle against Grima, that was for sure - there were actual proper quarters, training areas, and a dining hall. Corrin quickly assigned the newcomers rooms, and Diana was perfectly contempt with hers.

Diana had yet to personally talk to Corrin, the supposed daughter of Anankos, but she did meet Princess Sakura, Takumi's sister. The girl was a little shy and absolutely adorable, and was a few years younger than her. But she seemed to have heart and a kind soul, and that's what Diana absolutely loved about her. She was also briefly introduced to her retainers, Hana and Subaki.

Hayato, who she had mistook for a child at first, was also a short introduction, although she promised to get to know him better. Rinkah was also introduced to her, a daughter of a chief of a group of people called the Fire Tribe, and while there was no hard words between the two, there wasn't really another effort to talk to each other. Gunther was curiously polite, but that's all she got out of him. Mozu was...shy, even shier than Sakura. She also met Azura, who was relatively quiet and calm, but the two talked a couple of times.

Besides Corrin, Diana didn't talk to Jakob or Kaze, who were glued to Corrin's side all the time. They were apparently her retainers.

She still saw Takumi and his retainers often, though. Like Oboro and Hinata were still friendly with her, and Takumi would occasionally approach her for a small talk about archery or Hoshido.

But the greatest thing is that Lilith was there as well. Only she was in a weird creature form, so Diana didn't recognize her until she heard Corrin address her.

Lilith was always cooped up in her den, which was located nearby Corrin's quarters. Diana had been introduced to her as well, but they had to act like they didn't know each other, which was what everyone else thought.

But Diana needed to talk to someone about her mission, and Lilith was the only one who knew about it.

A week had passed since they had joined Corrin's army, and Diana was seated in Lilith's den on the ground, legs crossed as she poured herself jasmine tea at two in the morning. Lilith was on her bed in her creature form. It was late at nighttime, and everyone was in bed. Diana had soundproofed Lilith's room just in case, but both had deemed that somewhere in the middle of the night was the best time to talk.

"It's weird, Lilith," Diana mentioned, sipping the tea lightly. "My necklace...it's been lighting up on and off weirdly. Sometimes it's a very light shade of pink, but then when I look at it again, it's suddenly back to dark blue. It's really strange."

Lilith hummed from where she was curled up. "That is rather curious. Do you have any ideas, Anastasia?"

Diana shook her head, setting down the cup. "For the past month since I've gotten to this world, this is the only sign of change from the necklace. But it keeps flickering on and off. Hayato even caught it switching colors and questioned me about it for a moment, but I brushed it off by saying that it changes colors spontaneously sometimes and that it was just a pure magic necklace."