𝘖𝘯𝘦.

𝘊𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘵'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

"Good morning, auntie."- I said with a smile, setting tray with breakfast on her nightstand. 

"Good morning, dear."- replied aunt Selene warmly as I gently helped her to sit up. 

"Oh, honey. You should be going out with your friends and enjoying career of your dreams."- she said with loving smile, taking a cup of coffee from me. 

"Don't say that, auntie. I love taking care of you. You raised me for all those years, giving me so much daily, it is only right that I give all this love and care back."- I stated softly, setting the tray on her lap carefully. 

"You are only 20, pumpkin. You shouldn't be locked up here 24/7."- stated auntie as I approached the window. 

"Don't start with it, auntie. I am perfectly fine."- I assured her with a smile, moving the curtains aside. 

I changed the topic, talking to her about the upcoming day while she had her breakfast. Then she took her medicine for heart and I measured her blood pressure before she got up and did her routine. I went to my room meanwhile to shower and get dressed. 

Hot water poured down on me and I sighed, relaxing for a moment. I washed my body while pondering about every little thing that exists, wrecking my brain with silly questions. 

My regiments followed. Then I did my makeup lightly and got dressed: light blue, sheer undergarments and flowy, airy dress in pastel pink colour. I wore white flats and added earrings to the look. I sprayed my perfume on my neck and wrists before taking my white, cross-body bag and heading downstairs, just in time for auntie to come down. 

"Have you looked for a job, honey?"- asked auntie Selene as I helped her to get in the car. 

"Auntie, please. I told you that it can wait. I'd rather help you around the bakery."- I assured her genuinely with a smile before quickly taking driver's seat and buckling up. 

"My dearest, you have been dreaming of being an architect ever since you were just a little girl. You can't keep putting it off. I am 41, I will manage on my own."- she stated in care, holding my hand affectionately. 

"You deserve to live your life. You've been taking care of your uncle and I for 3 years. It's time for you to do what you want."- she said warmly and I shook my head.

"And look where it got him."- I spoke shakily, still unable to forgive myself for what I did. 

"Auntie, I am fine. I want to be close to you. You are all I have. I need to know you are well and safe. I'd rather not have some prestigious career, but have you by my side, than have the world and be all alone in it."- I said certainly with a small smile, blinking away a tear. 

Auntie Selene hugged me tightly and I nuzzled into her, taking a deep breath of her fragrance that has been associating with home for me for years - lavender with notes of sugar. In a few moments I detached from her and took a deep breath before driving off to the bakery. 

The lovely, very popular among people bakery is my auntie's business. Uncle used to be part of it too. I work there at the moment: baking, deliveries, cleaning up. It is very prospering business and I am proud of my auntie. 

"There is my favourite candy! Hi, Selene!"- hollered Adana, dashing to me before squeezing me friendly, making me giggle. 

The most badass, the most confident, the most beautiful, the most positive, the most filterless woman in the world - that's my amazing best friend: Adana Ibrahim. She is 24 and Scorpio by all means. The woman will not filter herself, she is shamelessly blunt and just the most fabulous friend I could ever ask for. We've been friends ever since kindergarten and she works here at the counter and partly as manager; her duties include taking orders, making reservations, keeping an eye on waitresses, taking grocery deliveries when I cannot.