𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺.

𝘊𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘵'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

2 weeks later.

Middle of the night and here I am: my phone is recording such a yearned-for moment as I am sitting on a sofa, holding a tiny envelope with shaking hands, unable to open it ever since I came back from the doctor's appointment a few hours ago. 

I took a deep breath, carefully opening the valuable envelope, getting a little card out of it. 

A tiny word captured my attention as I blinked away tears, glancing at my phone. 

"A son."- I whispered vulnerably, smiling as I laid my hand on my 20 weeks baby bump. 

"You are going to be a dad to a boy like you hoped for."- I spoke softly through tears of pain and joy: happy to have a son, yet sad I am finding this out without his dad by my side. 

My eyes shut close in disbelief as I felt a tiny motion in direction of my hand. 

Tiny motion that I have been waiting for for so long. 

"He is kicking."- I almost whispered, tears running down my cheeks as our small son kicked again, my heart fluttering from the beautiful feeling. 

I took my phone and switched the camera's view, containing my sob as I rolled the hoodie up, seeing little kicks so clearly. 

Silence, contrasted by my tears, fell as camera of my phone captured the priceless moment. 

Moment that I hope for Sandro to see and feel for himself soon. 

I ended the video, too overwhelmed to keep quiet, too overpowered with emotions that are getting harder to control. 

I wish it wasn't just me finding out the gender, I wish it was brighter than this, I wish my family was here, I wish I could hug someone and be hugged tightly in return. 

"I want to hug you so much. I promise to make you the happiest baby boy in the world, you will never be alone, my little lovebug."- I spoke softly, holding onto hope that seems so thin, so frail, so unstable and so hazy. 

"I love you so much, my little boy. I am sure your daddy loves you too."- I whispered profoundly, caressing my belly gently as he kicked, my world turning upsidedown once more, only this time more drastically and wildly.