𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

𝘈𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘢'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

"Massimo, piss off."- I said harshly, hating the di Vittori with every bit of my soul and heart. 

"Not until you tell me where I can find Celest."- he insisted yet again, preventing me from getting in my car. 

"Listen here, you little mozzarella, back off from my best friend. Your shitty brother did nothing good for her and the last thing she needs right now is his gloominess and bipolar attitude. Go and drill someone else with your speeches, I have shit to do."- I dismissed him, not wanting to let them near Celest. 

"Look me in the eyes and tell me that you think they weren't good together."- uttered Massimo, hitting a nerve that I am trying to ignore all those months.

"You know that they are beautiful together, they fit together no matter how toxic and shitty some moments were. You know that they are miserable without each other."- coaxed Massimo, grinning when I sighed, glaring at him, hating how fucking right he is. 

𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘰'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

I cracked her. 

She knows I am right. 

And just as we talked our plan out, just like I got everything I needed, everything turned upside down. 

"Come va, fratello?"- I replied to his call, hearing cars in the background. (What's up, brother?)

"Sono a Londra, tieni d'occhio Toffee per me. Non so quando tornerò."- said Alessandro, making time still. (I am in London, keep an eye on Toffee for me. I don't know when I will be back.)

"Londra?! Da quando sei lì?"- I asked in confusion and worry, having no damn clue what to expect now. (London?! Since when are you there?) 

"Da un'ora. Ho preso l'aereo ieri sera. Papà ha detto che qui troverò quello che mi serve... non so cosa sto cercando."- he answered as I took a deep breath, worried and excited too much for my own good. (Since an hour ago. I flew out last night. Dad said I will find what I need here...I don't know what I am looking for.) 

He had to go, the call ended and cazzo, little did we know that this marked the beginning and end of everything.

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

Days ticked by. 

So close, yet so far from each other. Seemingly right under their noses, yet with no sight of longed-for meeting. 

Everything appeared so familiar to him: the streets, The Millennium Wheel, the double-decker, the flower store, the closed bakery and a park that seemed to hold something so valuable and yearned-for to him, yet something hazy and impossible.

The daily search for something, someone, became exhausting, hopeless and gloomy. The waste of time angered him, the stability of the unknown wrecked his nerves, but the longing to know what he is missing is bigger, greater and keeps him here, in London. 

But what is meant to be, always will find its way. 

A simple birthday party of a colleague leads her to his club, where he spends every night, dwelling on the misty images of her. 

𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘰'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

I sighed heavily, drinking whiskey neat as I leaned back in the seat, my mind as if pacing back and forth, yet too tired to focus on anything.