𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦.

𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘰'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

"Mio paradiso."- spoke my beloved wife with a smile and kissed my cheek, making me smile. 

I kissed her forehead as she sat down next to me on the sofa, snuggling into me gently. 

"I am almost done, baby girl."- I said warmly and she peeked at notes on my iPad before giving me the cutest look. 

Okay, I may have found the 5 best maternity hospitals in Rome, but it doesn't mean that I will let my wife give birth in any of them. I printed out all of the information and read it all, including reviews, and marked the advantages with a green marker and disadvantages with a red marker. 

"You worry so much, my love."- said Celest gently, cupping my cheek, and I pecked her tiny palm. 

"I have all the right to worry because you are my sweet wife and you are pregnant with our baby."- I stated calmly and sincerely, unable to just let my sweetness settle for any hospital. 

"Turns out, not all hospitals do C-sections. Some hospitals do only regional anaesthesia for C-sections, some let a woman choose what type of anaesthesia to do. Not all hospitals allow a baby to stay in one room with you, they allow newborns to be in the infant nurseries only. Some hospitals do not have NICU, some are equipped to take care of the tiniest babies and others are able to care about any baby. Not everywhere anesthesiologist is around the clock."- I listed down my main concerns, showing her everything I found out. 

Celest took the iPad and placed it down on the coffee table before straddling me, my hands on her small thighs. She kissed my forehead, her dainty fingers running through my hair at the back of my head and I sighed relaxedly, soaking up her love with greed. 

"My life, it's going to be okay. I managed for the first time when I was utterly new to this, clueless and scared, this time it will be way better, especially because I know I have you and can count on you - that is the most important detail for me."- said my sweet wife profoundly, pecking my lips tenderly, smiling when I cupped her soft cheek to kiss her better. 

"You have me no matter what, mia cara. I will hold your little hand tightly through it all, you won't be alone ever again."- I stated meaningfully, intending to be with her during everything: good and bad, especially bad. 

Her beady, shining, precious, green eyes locked on mine, gazing at me with uncertainty and disbelief, almost as if she is debating whether she heard me correctly. 

"I am going to be with you during your labour, gattina. This isn't something you ever have to doubt, I won't leave you alone in this, baby. I got you and our little lovebug."- I said genuinely, smiling at how she just glowed with joy, her perfect, lush green eyes full of tears of relief and happiness.

𝘊𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘵'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

It's been 3 days since the day I found out I am pregnant. 

2 out of those 3 days we spent in our home, simply rejoicing and savouring the new chapter of our family's life. 

But yesterday it was not sweet: I was sick ever since the morning, I couldn't stomach anything, I couldn't sleep in spite of being unutterably tired and drowsy, I cried non-stop and every part of me just felt heavy.

Yesterday reminded me of my first pregnancy and how much I endured during the first two trimesters - it made me cry and profess to Sandro about things that I have never told anyone before. 

My fears. 

Fear of having difficult, complicated pregnancies, being unable to provide for our child a good and safe development, being this sick and nauseous all the time and most of all - how scared to be alone during labour I am.