𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦.

𝘈𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘢'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

"I need this."- I murmured to myself, putting the item in my cart. 

"Ooh, this too."- I said with a smile, stocking up on things I know my bestie will like. 

Once I got everything needed, I eagerly drove to the address, looking forward to seeing Cel and hugging the soul out of her. 

𝘊𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘵'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

"Here is your payment, Miss Richards."- said Mr Salvarez, owner of a cafe, giving me an envelope with my monthly salary - 1 450 pounds. 

"Thank you."- I replied politely as he nodded, giving me a calm smile in return. 

"Merry Christmas, Miss Richards."- he stated merrily, looking forward to the holiday that I don't want to even think about.

"Merry Christmas, Mr Salvarez."- I responded neutrally, having nothing to await. 

I ended my shift, handed my uniform in and changed into my clothes before heading home on foot. 

Snowy streets, people in a festive mood, beautiful decor, merrily ornamented cafes and stores. Everything oozes a Christmas atmosphere. 

I wrapped my arms around my thin frame, minding my business, too exhausted to as much as see straight. 

I had the opportunity to work much more in December: people went to cafes more, booked in hotels more, purchased bouquets and needed someone to look after their pups more due to being busy with Christmas preparations. It helped me to save up for a few things, pay rent and bills in time, buy a little bit more food and pay for my pregnancy supplements fully. 

Therefore, I have nothing to complain about. Tiredness will pass someday. Sore feet and back are nothing I should mind. 

After one hour walk, I reached the small apartment, just to meet my only supporter. 

"Ad."- I almost whispered, sobbing as she dashed to hug me, smiling at me. 

"Shh, it's okay. I got you always, remember?"- she said warmly, rubbing my back as I just hugged her, having missed such simple attention so much and so dearly. 

𝘈𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘢'𝘴 𝘗.𝘖.𝘝.

Cel held onto me as if I could vanish...It is too hard to explain this feeling that intensified as I felt how fucking tiny she is, how her bones nearly poke from beneath her coat and how cold her bony hands are.

God, I should have come sooner.

"Let's get you warmed up, Cel. You are icy."- I said in concern, rubbing her arms carefully, too afraid to hurt her fragile figure. 

She nodded, wiping away her tears before leading me to her apartment. 

If one dares to call it so. 

She always avoided showing it to me on FaceTime, saying that she is living in a good place and I have nothing to worry about. 

I have every right to worry. 

The tiny living room is joined with a miniature kitchen. Small bathroom and just a dainty room: a room that has a box with changing table inside, making it clear that it will be the nursery. In spite of being spotless, the flat is practically empty as if untouched and unlived in: no smell to it, no personal belongings laying around, no pictures - nothing, except a small dress in the corner of a living room, a tiny coffee table, a pillow and a blanket, small sofa, a few kitchen utensils and a couple of hygiene items in the bathroom, which has the most usual, basic things inside.