four

4 || professor moony

AFTER AN uneventful Potions lesson, the third years made their way to their first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson with Lupin.

"I reckon he's going to leave at the end of the year." Alex stated as they approached the class, "It's like a curse. Anyone who gets this potion either dies or gets fired."

"I don't know," Adelaide started, "I have a feeling Professor Lupin's different."

"You get a lot of feelings Nova." Theo said grinning, "Like the feel of your hand on Harry. As you trail down to his-"

"Oh my Merlin! Shut up Theodore!"

"Bet Potter remembers your touch. Bet he gets hard off of it." He continued.

Adelaide smirked and muttered a spell, without Theo noticing his hair turned a neon green. She gave the signal for the other two not to say anything about it.

Lupin wasn't in the classroom when they arrived at their lesson, to Adelaide it was fashionable to be late, probably not to others though.

They all took out their books, quills and parchments and talked amongst each other while they waited. A few people had looked at Theo weirdly but Alex just glared at them and they turned away.

Finally Lupin entered, he smiled vaguely and put hit tatty old briefcase on his desk. He was as shabby as he would usually look, but considerably better than on the train.

"Good afternoon," He began, "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's lesson will be a practical. You will need only your wand."

Lupin looked around at all the confused faces, then his eyes landed on Adelaide McKinnon-Black and Theodore Nott, "Nice hair Mr Nott. Fancy a change?"

Theo's eyes widened and he grabbed a mirror from Astoria's bag, once he saw the colour of his hair he practically blew steam and lunged himself at Adelaide, "Adelaide Nova McKinnon-Black! I'm going to kill you!"

"You brought it onto yourself Nott!"

"Anyways," Lupin said as the children continued wrestling, "If you'd follow me. Miss McKinnon-Black and Mr Nott, if you'd quit your squabbling please."

"It's like Sirius and James all over again." Lily sighed.

"Hey! We weren't that bad." James exclaimed.

Dorcas scoffed, "Really? Really Potter?"

The class, very puzzled but interested, got to their feet and followed Lupin out of the classroom. He led them along the deserted corridor and around a corner, where the first thing they saw was Peeves the Poltergeist, who was floating upside down in midair and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum.

He didn't look up until Lupin was about two feet away, he then wiggled his curly-toed feet and broke into song.

"Loony, loopy, Lupin," Peeves sang, "Loony, loopy, Lupin, loony, loopy, Lupin-"

As rude and unmanageable as he always was, Peeves usually showed some respect toward the teachers. Everyone looked to Lupin to see how he would take to this, but to their surprise he was smiling.

"I'd take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves." Lupin said pleasantly, "Mr Filch won't be able to get into his brooms."

Peeves paid no attention to Lupin's words, except to blow a raspberry at him.

He gave a small sigh and took out his wand, "This is a useful spell," He told the children over his shoulder, "Please watch closely."

Lupin raised his wand to shoulder height and said, "Waddiwas."