eleven

11 || sirius black

EVER SINCE being banned from Quidditch and the whole Golden Trio drama, Adelaide hadn't been the same. Hermione was constantly trying to apologise but the whole group of Slytherins were refusing to hear her out. After all, when you trust someone and they betray that trust they don't gain it back so easily.

The only good thing that had happened was that Hermione had made up with Ron and Harry seeing as the Seeker had his firebolt back all sparkling new. This put the Slytherins on edge. Flint had to find a new chaser to replace Adelaide and he wasn't having much luck. Most Slytherins just buy their way into the team but Adelaide had pure talent.

Gryffindor had won their match against Ravenclaw and Flint, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle had pulled a stupid stunt which landed the four in detention.

Not much had happened after that, a party was held in the Gryffindor Common Room which no one really felt like crashing and the Slytherin quartet just ended up playing say it or shot it somehow.

Shots later the Slytherins found their way to their beds. This was Adelaide favourite part of the day. When she could forget about everything going on outside of these dorm walls and just sleep. No worries equals happy MB.

Well maybe not tonight.

Adelaide woke up to shuffling around her, yet when she finally came to her senses there was no one in sight. The only thing was a short black flash but she was sure she was hallucinating. That was until she found a letter on her beside table.

In messy handwriting, the front spelt her name. Or at least that's what Adelaide thought. By the looks of it, the letter was written by a dog.

Quickly checking none of her dorm mates were awake, Adelaide shoved a hoodie on and made her way to the warm fire in the common room. There she began reading the letter.

My dear Adelaide,
You've grown so much mini-foot. You look so much like your mother, apart from your behaviour, I've seen that quite resembles a Hogwarts me.
I know you'll probably run screaming murder when you read this letter but you have to know I'm not after you.
Sorry for the vagueness Addiepop it's just I don't have much ink. There's too much a want to say to you.
Maybe I'll see you soon dear,
Dad.

Adelaide let out a gasp and sprinted out of the common room, to be honest she wasn't quite sure where she was going. Just anywhere to breathe, she couldn't breathe.

"Come on Adelaide. Breathe. Just breathe. In. Out. In. Out. Fuck me. Where's Moony when I need him?" Adelaide muttered to herself.

You're making a fool of yourself.

"Seriously? Piss off."

You are Adelaide. You're just a cry baby. Cry baby. Cry baby. Cry baby. Cry ba-

"SHUT UP!" Adelaide screamed and everything around her silenced.

The only sound coming shortly after being pattering steps running down the distant corridors. Curiosity got the better of her and Adelaide found herself moving towards the Gryffindor Common Room.

Left in her own thoughts, Adelaide didn't even realise McGonagall stood nervously at Sir Cadogen's portrait.

"Adelaide! What on earth are you doing out of bed? Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"No."

"Oh- well the Gryffindor Common Room has been broken into by Sirius Black. Wait- why am I telling you this?" McGonagall asked herself.

"My dad? He broke into-"

"Yes Miss McKinnon-Black. Your father broke into the Gryffindor Common Room." Dumbledore said sharply, "May you please make your way back to your Common Room as quickly as you can."

Adelaide felt the letter in her pockets and considered telling the two Professors, yet something inside her told her not to. Like an instinct.

"Of course Dumbledore," Adelaide nodded and took off again, this time making her way to her bed where she would spend the rest of her night worried with thoughts.

...

EVERYWHERE in Hogwarts, they were tightening up on security. After that nights events the school was back on edge, constantly worried about the next Sirius Black attack.

Ron had become a celebrity around school after he was 'attacked' and was extremely happy to tell anyone who asked what happened to him. He was so happy that Adelaide was considering punching that smile off his face.

But the one thing she hadn't figure out was why Sirius was going to attack Ron. Harry was in the same room and easily as killable as Ron yet Black went for the boy he didn't see as a target. It made no sense. So Adelaide resorted to reading the letter over and over again for some sign of a clue.

But Neville had it worse, after the revelation that Black had used the passwords he had written down, the boy was in total disgrace. He had been banned from all future Hogsmead visits and hadn't been given the password to his own common room. Meaning Adelaide was around him a lot more.

She would wait for him in the morning, eat breakfast at the Gryffindor table with him, take him to his lessons, eat lunch in the library with him and stay with him after school. Neville was the only one she could trust now besides the usual three.

"So this plant is my favourite Adds. I mean- it's just beautiful." Neville gaped at his own plant and Adelaide watched in awe.

"I love it Nev."

He was going through the plant and it's requirements when Ron interrupted him, "Quite Neville I need to chat with McKinnon-Black."

"No. Keep talking Nev. I want to hear all about your plants not some grubby little ginger." Adelaide said not looking at Ron.

Neville glanced between the two and slowly picked up his stuff, "I'll meet you later Addie."

"Bye Nev!" Adelaide smiled then turned to Ron in disgust, "What Weasley?"

"What's your problem with Hermione and Harry? They've done nothing but be nice to you and you shun them for that!"

The girl looked up at him in amusement, "She hasn't told you has she?"

"Told us what?" Harry asked as he joined them, to his surprise Adelaide gave him a small smile.

"Oh fuck me. This is gonna be good." She chuckled.

"Adelaide please-" Hermione pleaded.

But Adelaide payed no mind to the Gryffindor girl, "Out with it Adelaide!" Ron spat.

"Granger is a know it all who thinks she's better than everyone around her," Adelaide started, would anyone really mind if she stirred the pot a bit more, "She told us that she wanted your rat dead. Poor Scabbers, such an old soul. She's been encouraging Crookshanks to murder the old thing since the start of the year. So there's the truth. Hermione Granger is a liar and a bitch."

Ron's face turned red in anger and Adelaide swiftly stood from the table and walked out of the hall.

Karma's a bitch Hermione Granger.

a/n
Sorry for the short chapter guys. It's mostly a filler chapter preparing for the end of poa.
And Hermione won't be some villain bitch forever fyi.
Also I may or may not be writing a new book. And it may or may not have phoebe tonkin and danielle campbell as two of the main characters.
And the Neville gif is amazing.

~ Chloe <3