fifty four

54 || thomas

ADELAIDE truly believed this year was going to be different. She woke up before Alex and Astoria, showered, did her hair and makeup and got dressed.

"Look who's finally awake," She said as Alex pushed the covers off her, "Don't worry, you're not late. I woke up early."

"Shit, new year, new you?" Alex asked, "I'm shocked."

Adelaide gave her a look, "Get ready, I'll wake the sleeping beauty over there."

The trio of friends ascended the staircase out of the dungeons, Alex trying to fix Adelaide's mess of a tie and Astoria rambling on about her precious hair.

They found their seats next to the boys who were basically chocking on their food as they tried to scoff it all down quickly, "What's the rush? Scared Snape's going to steal it from you?"

"No, we just want the best seats in Transfiguration," Theo said, handing them their timetables, "Snape handed them out early. We had to practically beg him to give us yours."

"Suck on this guys, I have a free this morning," Adelaide said, "McGonagall put me in the upper transfiguration class."

Blaise whistled, "Alright then Miss smarty pants, you can help us revise then."

Adelaide pulled back, "Yeah, I'm going to have to say no. I don't teach things."

Picking up a slice of toast and her bag, Adelaide waved goodbye to her group of friends and made her way to the library, "Morning Miss Black," Madam Pince said, "I trust that you know the rules."

"Be quiet and don't make a scene," Adelaide said, "Promise."

Madam Pince gave her a look but waved her in with a sigh, "I mean it Miss Black, I won't hesitate to ban you."

Adelaide chuckled, smiling to herself as she sat down at one of the tables, marking her territory.

"She's not a fan of you then," someone said, sneaking up behind her.

"She bloody hates me, the feelings mutual though," She said, "And you are?"

The boy smiled. His dark brown hair was combed back as his eyes stared into her own, "Thomas. Thomas Price."

"Thomas Price," Adelaide said, "You new?"

He let out a soft laugh, "I've been here since first year. I'm a Ravenclaw so you probably haven't seen me much."

Adelaide looked at him, like really looked, "Oh my god, you're the boy who punched Crabbe."

Thomas smirked, "Guilty. He was pissing me off."

She pat the seat next to him, "So, are you in McGonagall's upper transfiguration class as well?"

"You're like the only Slytherin who made it in," Thomas said surprised, "You've got to be pretty smart then."

Adelaide shrugged, "I have some talents."

The free period hadn't been spent doing work, instead Thomas and Adelaide talked the entire hour. Thomas like quidditch, but he'd never gone for it before because he didn't like his captain. But now his captain had graduated, he was going for chaser.

Adelaide knew how this went though. She found a guy she liked and looked attractive. They got to know each other. They get close, sometimes kiss, and something always goes wrong.

"It was nice meeting you Thomas Price," Adelaide said, "See you soon."

Just as Adelaide began to walk away, Thomas ran to catch up with her, "What do you have next?"