seventy five

75 || kiss and miss

Maybe drinking on a Sunday wasn't the best idea. Okay. It was the worst idea Adelaide had ever had.

It was seven in the morning and her and Astoria were trying to walk down the stairs into the common room without throwing up.

"Fuck Adrian. I could've gone without drinking the entire bottle of firewhiskey." Adelaide muttered, "Astoria? You still alive?"

Astoria stopped, "I think I'm going to throw my guts up."

"Ew."

Alex was stood in the common room, arms crossed and waiting for her friends, "You two are idiots. Adelaide, your tie isn't even on and Astoria, one sock is rolled up and the other one rolled down."

"Okay mum," Adelaide muttered, feeling around in her pockets for her tie, "I refuse to go back upstairs to get it, I'm not wearing my tie today."

The Slytherin table was full of commotion and excitement, all the younger years were overjoyed on the quidditch win while the older lot were trying to down all the coffee they could to wake themselves up.

First lesson of the day was Potions with Adelaide's favourite teacher ever, Severus Snape.

"Miss Black, where is your tie?"

Adelaide racked her brain for an answer, "I spilt shampoo on it."

"And you didn't think about using a cleaning spell?" Snape asked, it wasn't like he was going to take points away from her, he was just being a prick.

"Well, it was early, I didn't happen to think of that."

"Just sit down."

Instead of sitting in her usual seat, Adelaide snagged the spot next to Harry just before Ron could, "That's my seat."

"Does it have your name on it? No. Go find somewhere else," Adelaide said, taking out her books. Harry and Adelaide obviously hadn't spoken since they kissed on the Quidditch pitch due to the fact that Adelaide was too busy getting drunk, "How was your evening?"

Harry spun around quickly, "Oh yeah, it was good. And you? Did you have a party?"

"Maybe. Why? Sad you didn't get an invite?"

"Guess I am," He joked, "After class, do you think we can talk?"

"Yeah, I've got lots to talk about."

Potions seemed to go slowly after that, after Snape had caught Adelaide and Harry talking for the third time, he took five points from Gryffindor and swapped Harry to Draco's seat.

"Why are you talking to Potter?" Draco asked when they were completing their potion.

"It's none of your business."

Draco shrugged, "I don't know. Feels like something you should share with family. Did you kiss him?"

"No."

"I saw you on the pitch."

Adelaide froze, "You stalker."

He didn't react, "All I'm saying is, be careful. We all remember how Laurent turned out."

"Yeah, I know."

Draco and Adelaide didn't speak on the subject any further, it seemed they had come to an agreement to forget it entirely. At the end of the lesson, once Snape had checked their potions, Adelaide practically sprinted out of the classroom, joining Alex as she walked, "I'm going to talk to Harry. Tell the others for me."