sixteen

16 || awkward train rides

ADELAIDE WAS in a state of bliss for the rest of the holidays, the events of the World Cup were forgotten and Laurent and her were a good as they could be, then he went back to France and Adelaide was left sulking. That was until she met her best friend on the platform on September 1.

Theo, despite looking paler and thinner, gave Adelaide the biggest hug, like he refused to let her go in the fear she would die immediately, "I've missed you Nova."

"I've missed you too twat." She grinned, ruffling the boys hair up, "C'mon, we gotta find the other idiots."

"Nope. Adelaide Nova McKinnon-Black, get your butt here now." Marlene said from Regulus' side, "Don't roll your eyes at me."

"I love you mum, you too Reg. Can I please go?"

Regulus let out a dry laugh, "Oh, is Adelaide too old for goodbye hugs now?"

"I will punch you right here."

"Shiver me timbers."

"Children. Quit it." Marlene scolded and they immediately shut up, "I love you Adelaide, have a great year, no boys and drama."

"I love you too Addiepop." Regulus didn't waste any time in pulling her in for a hug, he joked around and teased the girl a lot but he loved her more than anything, "Stay safe, Theo, make sure she doesn't get in too much trouble."

"Right Sir." Theo saluted, Regulus saluting back, and Adelaide grabbing Theo's arm and dragging him towards the train, "You fucking weirdos."

The train was cramped as usual to which Adelaide cursed herself for not arriving to the platform earlier, Theo and her wandered the train until it set off and they were still unable to find Alex and Astoria, "Nova, let's just sit anywhere, we can find them later."

Giving in with a sigh, Adelaide followed Theo to a compartment, unfortunately he decided on the wrong one, "Sorry guys, can we sit with you, it's just me and Adelaide."

"Yeah sure." Adelaide recognised that voice, she so recognised that voice, the voice that made her want to forget about everything she had done at the end of summer.

"Come on Nova, it's just for a bit." Theo smiled softly, she hadn't told him about Laurent yet but anyone could guess she still felt uncomfortable around Hermione.

"I'm going to spoon my eyes out Theo."

"Then we won't win the Quidditch Cup."

Theo practically shoved Adelaide into a seat and put his legs on top of hers to she couldn't run, "How have your summers been?"

The Golden Trio looked confused with a mix of scared and concern, "It's been- okay." Ron muttered, "You go to the World Cup?"

"Unfortunately my father wouldn't allow it this year, but Adds here did." Theo said tapping the girls head like she was his pet.

Adelaide glanced up at him then back to the other three, "It was rowdy and badly planned. The death eaters wouldn't have been there if there had been better security."

"You know about death eaters?" Harry perked up, since the world cup he had been wanting to know more on the subject.

Theo looked to Adelaide with a curt nod, she knew that he could get uncomfortable at this topic, "Their Voldemort's," Everyone but Harry and Adelaide winced, ",followers. During the first wizarding war my dads side of the family helped the dark lord rise to power. My Uncles deranged cousin Bellatrix even got herself sent to Azkaban for it, the bitch deserved it though. My father, as you know, was a death eater, probably took part in that disgusting display at the world cup aswell. But my Uncle, Regulus, he helped win the war in the end, risked his life to go against Voldemort,"