fifty seven

57 || trials and executions

Now that the year of tournaments was over, the students (and staff) could go back to what they really loved. Quidditch.

As usual, at the start of every year, changes were made and trials for the house were arranged. Adrian kept his spot as Captain, though it was his last year, Adelaide and Theo kept their chaser spots because they actually have talent, and Draco kept his spot as seeker because his daddy would know about it if he didn't.

So, the only spots needed to fill for the Slytherin quidditch team were the two beater roles and a keeper. Adelaide had been rallying for the girls in her house to try out, although coming from pure blood supremacist families, they believed girls shouldn't partake in such extracurriculars.

And Adelaide was forever destined to be the only girl to play for Slytherin, she did think she'd be replaced next year when Snape will obviously decide to put Draco as Captain.

That's why, in the cold September air, Theo and Adelaide were in the Slytherin changing rooms with a cigarette between their fingers.

"Umbitch? What a cow! She thinks she can talk about whether or not you know who came back? Where was she?" Adelaide ranted while Theo nodded along, his eyes shut with fatigue.

"Don't get me started on Dumbledore. Keeping Potter in the dark all summer? How the hell did that help?"

Theo hummed a response, "It's Dumbledore. What were we expecting Ads?"

Adelaide stumped her cigarette out and straightened her hoodie, "Thank the lord I'm not flying. Adrian cowers away about the talk of my 'lady problems'."

"You're wicked Adelaide Black. But your ass looks really good in those leggings," Theo said in awe, "If I wasn't gay, I'd totally make out with you right now."

"Thanks," Adelaide muttered, a smile taunting her face, "Alright then, let's go see the shamble out there."

It wasn't looking promising.

"Where have you been?" Adrian practically shrieked at the pair, "Draco's MIA and these lot are so self absorbed they keep fighting each other thinking they're going to get the spot."

Adelaide looked at the students in front of her, "We should separate them, have those trying for beaters on one side and those trying for keeper on another. Go through drills and our training exercises to see if they're fit enough for Quidditch and then put them in a test match."

Adrian looked at her with relief, "This is why you're my favourite, sorry Nott." He started shouting orders to the rabble and Theo leaned into Adelaide's side, "You're sure to be captain next year, Snape would be mental to not pick you."

"Oh please, he'll pick Draco or you," Adelaide retorted, "Like he'd pick a girl."

To be honest, the fact Adelaide was even on the team was a shock, it was probably to do with her association with Regulus, him being a seeker in his time at Hogwarts and all. But Snape knew better than to push his luck making Adelaide captain, all the parents would be furious that a 'girl' was in charge of such a manly sport.

"Black, take the keepers," Adrian ordered, "Nott you're with me."

There wasn't too many people trying out for keeper, Adelaide guessed it wasn't too popular in comparison to a beater, they're was more technique and skill in being a keeper at Quidditch, you're team relied on them because even if you catch the snitch, if the other team have scored more they'll still win.

"Hey guys, I'm not going to pretend like I'm the big boss here, we just want to see what you can do and then the final choice will come from Pucey," Adelaide said, "I want you to do three laps around the pitch first, that'll give me a good idea on your stamina, which isn't essential for a keeper but it's always good to have in sport. So, off you go."