sixty one

61 || the meeting

For the next two weeks, it was boring school work, going back and forth with O.W.L prep and completing tedious amount of homework.

Adelaide had a few meetings with Umbridge, they consisted of the Professor asking if anything was going on and Adelaide saying nothing but lies.

"Oh Professor, I think the whole Harry Potter situation is getting out of hand, he's expressing his opinions too loudly, infesting other students' thoughts, I ought to talk to him, maybe he'd take it better from me," Adelaide said, her best mask over her face of disgust.

"Right you are Miss Black," Umbridge smiled, swirling her tea in the porcelain cup, "I'm surprised you are so happy to comply with my methods. After all, you are a Black, and your fathers daughter."

"We've been over this Professor, my grandmother appreciated you and thus, I do."

Umbridge smiled, pleased at their conversation, "Very well Miss Black, you better be off to the common room."

"Good night Professor," Adelaide shut the door behind her before she could get a reply, allowing a shiver to shake her body, "I can't stand this much longer," Adelaide said to Regulus' head in the fire place, "She's a bitch, we literally call her Umbitch."

"It's Dumbledore's orders," Regulus told her, sounding displeased, "Anyway, hopefully you won't have to bare it much longer, and she'll be out of the school."

"Yeah," Adelaide hummed, imaging the school without Umbridge, "I can't wait for Christmas to come around, see you all again and not talk to heads in a fire."

"We can't wait either," Regulus said, "I've gotta go, Marls is cooking dinner for us."

"Talk to you in a bit."

The dorms were quiet given it was almost 11 and the smaller kids would be sleeping, but all the fifth years were awake and talking, "Ads, c'mon, don't tell me you don't have the smallest crush on Harry. He has had a massive transformation over the summer."

"He's attractive, sure, but honestly, we're friends," Adelaide lied to herself the most, she did have a crush on Harry, but after Laurent, she was scared that getting into another relationship would lead to the same fate, "But let's talk about you, Miss-I've-Had-A-Crush-On-Draco-Forever."

"I don't." Astoria stated, "I don't. He's a git, I won't lie, there is a small part of me that still likes him, but I'm moving on, perhaps to your new friend, what's his name again? Thomas."

"Take him," Adelaide said, "He's a good guy. Nice."

Alex laughed, "That's a change from half the boys at this school."

"What's going on with Theo and Lucas?" Astoria asked and Alex stiffened, "I thought they were happy."

"I don't know," Adelaide sighed, "I just hate seeing them both so down all the time."

"I'm sure they'll make their way back to each other," Alex said, "Now, I'm off to bed, don't want to be late for Umbridge tomorrow."

The first Hogsmead trip arrived at long last, it was a time for Adelaide to get out of the dreaded halls of Hogwarts.

"C'mon Tori," Adelaide grumbled, throwing her pillow at the sleeping girl, "We're off to Hogsmead."

"Could you try waking me up peacefully maybe?" Astoria said, her voice dripping with fatigue, "Give me five."

While Filch was checking the students for their permission, Hermione snuck up behind Adelaide, "Oh jesus fuck Hermione, you trying to give me a heart attack?"