seventy nine

79 || headmistress

Everyone was getting tired of the divide. Well, everyone but Theo and Adelaide who were persistent on the silent treatment.

"Hey Adelaide," Astoria called a couple days after Firenze's arrival at lunch, Adelaide turned around, looked at Astoria, looked to her right, turned back around, "Oh for-" Astoria muttered, looking at Theo, "You caused this. Go fix it."

"I tried to fix it in Defence, she just started arguing with me," Theo argued.

"Yeah, because you said she had anger issues that tends to solve everything," Alex said sarcastically, "Just go up to her, say sorry, make up. It's never been hard for you two."

He sighed, glancing at Adelaide who had just slipped out of the door, leaving the Great Hall, "I'll do it tonight."

Theo didn't talk to Adelaide that night, in fact, March had somehow become April, and Adelaide was still keeping her distance from every one of her friends bar Blaise.

But she had bigger things to worry about. O.W.Ls. While almost everyone in their year was panicking, Adelaide took the gentle approach. She knew she had all the knowledge in her brain, it was just about putting it to use.

"We're doing Patronuses tonight, do you want to pop in?" Harry asked, Adelaide occasionally showed her face at DA but not often, it reminded her of Christmas, which she really didn't want to be thinking about.

"I would, but Umbridge is occupied with Filch tonight so its my time to sneak out of the castle to meet Sirius and Reg," Adelaide answered honestly.

"What are Umbridge and Filch doing?"

Adelaide glanced at him, "I wouldn't hazard a guess if I were you."

"Ew."

Harry and Adelaide fell into a comfortable silence, it wasn't often they got to spend time just them, recently it had been Blaise hanging out with them or Ron and Hermione hanging out with them. And even though they were revising in the library it was still nice.

"I've got to go, DA starts in like ten minutes," Harry said and bent down, giving Adelaide a kiss while no one was looking, "See you tomorrow."

"Have fun," About five minutes after Harry had left, Adelaide dropped her things off in the common room and changed into more comfortable clothes, "Where are you going?"

Adelaide didn't expect to hear Theo, "Why do you care?"

"It's dangerous going out alone," He stated.

She nodded, "Thanks for the advice."

Hogwarts was still lit up by the sun which meant Adelaide had to be careful not to be seen, she was only meeting Sirius and Regulus in the Shrieking Shack so it wasn't like she was going too far she would have to worry about being murdered.

"Ten minutes late," Sirius tutted, tapping his wrist in pretend that there was a watch, "Where were you?"

"Harry and I were in the library," Adelaide stated, "Lost track of time."

Regulus rose an eyebrow, "Harry? And you? I thought you guys weren't talking."

"We are now, anyways, this isn't a meeting about my personal life, what's happening? We're literally getting no information at Hogwarts," Adelaide said.

Sirius and Regulus shared a quick glance, "There's something..." Sirius began, "And you have to understand that we didn't tell you for a reason."

"What?"

Regulus took a breath, "Lucas is missing. That's why he didn't come back to Hogwarts," He watched Adelaide's expression turn to horror, "They went into hiding over the break and were supposed to come back after Christmas, but they never did. So, we went to the house and found Cassiopeia, she's in the hospital."