Part 72

***Love VS Family****

Narrated

🌹Ntsika🌹

" where is my mother!"
He said navigating his wheelchair inside his mother's house, at some point he wanted to make a dramatic entrance but his condition will not allow him,
The servant bowed her heard and answers
" she in her study Nkosi yami"
He stopped the wheelchair and stood up in the living room,
Him: may you kindly call her for me "
Her: yebo Nkosi yami "
he looked at his father's picture on the wall for the longest time and a part of him wished he was still alive to give him answers.

" I see you canceled all your meetings today "
His mother said walking into the room with his tab in her hand.
Ntsika nodded and ran his hand on his head, Ntsika has always been timid when it comes to expressing himself, speaking his mind, and standing up for something. This stems from being raised in a culture where showing emotions is frowned upon.

Nothing he ever did seemed good enough he had to continuously prove himself. There was constant criticism that he could have done better, and be better. He was raised to never to talk back to his seniors and not to say anything when he had nothing nice to say.

So he always played it safe and stood by the sideline, and never wanted to rock the boat. And sometimes, when he felt like saying something, it always came out wrong due to his tamper

Because, frankly, sometimes people talk just for the sake of talking or because they want attention, and that angered him. However, he also envied his younger brother who did not have such big shoes to feel, no hanging title of King over his head, Mlondi can just say what he thinks and speak his truth, even though his family may or may not have agreed with it, but he would have said his peace

But Liya came along in his life as much as he stayed mummed, the more horrible his body and mind felt. He eventually was stuck between following his inner voice or listening to what people say, Not wanting to blame the past anymore, he knew he needed to find something to take him away from this darkness. And Liyana the first girl he ever loved was his light.

Him: may we talk please "
His polite voice got his mother tilting her heard and looking at his son, his eyes were full of sorrow and sadness
Queen: what's wrong?"
Ntsika set down and rubbed his hand together
Ntsika: ma, You are one of the most caring, selfless, and kind souls I have ever met. You are constantly putting others before yourself and I cannot name a time where you turned down anything that me and my siblings, ask from you, no matter how ridiculous the request. You were always willing to ensure we had a smile on our faces.

I am sorry that I have rejected every arranged marriage offer you threw at me as much as you said you were ok with it and you only wish to see me happy I could tell that I disappointed you and put you in a difficult position... "

Ntsika breathe out loud
"I love and respect you very much but what you did last night not only hurt me but coursed a drift between me and the women I love"
Queen: Ntsika I'm sorry but culture does not allow me to sit in a room with one of your maidens dressed in sleep ware or walking with a towel that was an insult to me "

Ntsika: I know ma and I'm sorry that you had to witness that, but was there another approach you could have used than choosing not to acknowledge the women that love?"
The Queen looked at his son, she could not believe what he is asking from her, this will just cause more conflict to this family,
Queen: Ntsika we have a meeting with the Ngwane family next week...why are you doing this now?"
Ntsika: ma, I already found the woman that I love...I'm not marrying the Ndebele Princess "

The Queen's mother frowned five months ago he was ready to settle down with the Ndebele Ngwane princess and now this?
Queen: Ntsika you are a king..."
Ntsika: I'm a man before I am king and I love Liyana...she completes me "

The Queen stood up and ran her hands on her head
" Ntsika do you know what this will do to this family, to the entire royalty community "
Ntsika: Ma, I know Dating wasn't a concept we had in our home. we the Bhengu's are a traditional, loving, Royal family that needed to be paired with potential partners from other royal houses to make our alliances strong, the ideal scenario would be an arranged marriage. And growing up –even still – I see the value in this system.

After all, it worked for you, didn't it? Despite your age gap with baba, you have gone on to have four children, seven grandchildren, and through all your hardship your crown is still intact in your head, this family is respected, powerful, and still standing because of you and I admire that about you.

But The family seeking out a partner for their children, matching these prospective unions as closely as possible on all kinds of factors – education, work, religion, background, hobbies – in a well-meaning attempt to maximize the possibilities for a successful marriage by minimizing possibilities for conflict. Sometimes these pairings are successful, sometimes they are not. Although I assumed I would find my future partner through you, now, after so many years of searching, I recognize that life held a different path for me. . . "

Queen: Ntsika kodwa Mntana wami...you said you will marry..."
Ntsika: I'm really sorry but I did not love her Princess Anele Ngwane, I only said that or was willing to do it to stop these controversial conversations of me being a bachelor,

But through the middle of the confusion I’ve found someone and decided to become serious with her, because, with each passing day, I’m slowly uncovering the mystery feeling of love, I see  Liyana exceeding even my biggest dreams. She is far more than my beautiful girlfriend, and to be honest, it hurts me knowing you refuse to see her otherwise. "

Queen: she a commoner! "
Ntsika: she is the woman that I love "
Queen: do you know what are you putting this poor girl to?"
Ntsika: I know..."
Queen: this family will rip her apart... If she is not strong enough she will leave you causing another scandal... Ntsika isigodlo sobukhosi need to approve this...oh my God do you know this quarrel you are about to start ?"

Ntsika looked down he already know that isigodlo will ask from him and he will rather die than make Liyana a second wife.
"Sanibona "
Ntsika and the Queen turned to look behind them
Queen: Sibahle? What are you doing here?"
Sbahle laughed pressing her eyes to a point where there are invisible, Ntsika smiled looking at her little sister
Sibahle hugged her mother
Sibahle: this is my home you can't ask me such a question maka'Sibahle "

The Queen smiled as Sibahle made his way to his brother they shared a warm hug
Ntsika whispered in Sibahle ear " I'm glad you could come "
.
.