Part 168

*** Root Couse ***

Lethukuthula

"What do you mean his in Newcastle? "I asked Mlondi while stepping out of the house answering his phone call

Him: babe, tell me something ... what does Mzi do for a leaving? "

Me: I do not know; he is a retired politician or something? "

Him: mmmm "

Me: Mlondi... talk to me"

Him: my guy that is tailing him say that there is something strange... "

Me: what is strange? What did he find out? "

Him: I am not sure yet, but my guy say that Mzi is having a serious conversation with car wash and Shisa Nyama owner and it puzzling to me that he drove all the way from Durban to this place... to have a beer and a chit-chat "

Me: there is more to that then just chitchat "

Him: tell me what made him run off? "

Me: What is the name of that place? "

Him: Spin's Car wash and Shisa Nyama"

Me: run a background check on the owner and find out what kind of a relationship does he have with Mzi "

Him: I am already doing that ... "

Me: ooh good "

Him: now may you please answer my question "

Me: I am sorry I am simply confused with this information you are bringing into my attention "

I breath aloud biting my lip and told him the story of the lady we saw in the restaurant

Him: Did you get a picture of her or her car number plate? "

Me: what? ... No ... it did not cross my mind"

Him: does any one of you know where was Mzi all these years?

Me: I do not know Mozambique or Botswana, but he was outside the south African borders? "

Him: I think him coming back to South Africa made him come face to face with his past ... "

Me: I think so too... "

I kept quite thinking on how I am going to solve this puzzle, mama is coming back in two days' time, and I need to have answers of Mzi where about, better yet try and make Mzi agree to the cleansing ceremony and be part of the unveiling, after all the khumalo linage depends on this depends on him...

" Lethu what are you thinking? "I was brought to reality by Mlondi voice echoing in my ear

Me: Mama's heart was in the right place by bringing Mzi back home, but she had no idea on how to execute the purpose of Mzi being back home..., "

Him: and you do?"

Me: I just realized what my mother and late father always wanted from me ... to take leadership, responsibility to shape my family dynamics, but I always took the easier way out when that was needed from me "

Him: run away? "

Me: yah"

Him: So, what are you planning to do now? "

Me: find the root cause "

Hiim: what? "

Me: I do not know Mzi, or my father side of the family, fuck! I do not even know my father, so to find out what trigger certain behavior between the brothers, I need to identify the root cause."