Part 189

***The Traces of Jephthah's story in me***

🌹Liyana🌹

I know that nobody is equal. Everybody has their situations and things surrounding them so from an early age I had to accept that yes that was the TRUTH, but I made a promise to myself that I shouldn't accept that I was going to be like that throughout my life. No, now that's NOT the TRUTH. As much as life starts differently for everyone, I have learned that it isn't the key to happiness, you can always work towards a happy life regardless of where you were raised. You can always choose if you go upwards or downwards. Look we all have a choice in life, always! My choice was not allowing my upbringing to define who I will be, as much as I was not born with silver, gold, or any type of spoon in my mouth, raised as a common girl but decided to change my fate and marry a high-prestige man, I married to wealth.

You probably remember the story of Cinderella and how the prince whisked her off to his castle to live happily ever after. At the time, the story made sensational headlines and, frankly, many folks throughout the land highly envied the couple's good fortune. But nobody ever questioned what happened next after the "happy ever after"

First and foremost, these two love birds came from different backgrounds, and their fairytale love story was not given enough time to develop, it was love at first sight, and boom two seconds later there was marriage and they both lived happily ever after.

But was that even true?

"Happily, ever after" is a common phrase used to describe a fairy tale ending where everything turns out perfectly for the characters involved.

"BUT DOES IT IN REAL LIFE???"

You see, because of our vast diversity Ntsika and I spent time establishing rules in our engagement of what we wanted in a relationship, But I can't help but feel different when I am around his family. Life with the Bhengu family is different from what I call a normal life.

My mother-in-law is a kind, loving person but sometimes I just wish she can just give me space, yes, I know nothing about being royalty and how to be queen and I appreciate how Ntsika's mother has taken the time to show me the ropes but I do feel at times as if she is just tad too controlling.

"I Can't believe I have another daughter" She did not hide her excitement when the date was set for my lobola negotiants, at first, I found it so sweet that my mother-in-law held this sentiment. It felt so nice to be welcomed into a family and considered blood. Not to mention, that it happened at the right time when my mother and I had fallen out and she made it clear that she would not be part of my new journey as she disowned me as a daughter, so hearing such a comment from Ntsika's mom truly meant a lot to my heart. I even told her how sweet it is to feel I have a second parent.

However, for the past months since I have known her ... this sentiment has manifested to the extent that it is grating on me and makes me slightly uncomfortable, and I feel like Ntsika and I are the ones to blame because We made the mistake of not setting boundaries at the beginning and this resulted in boundaries being crossed,

" Ndlovukazi is so excited about us getting married that she requested to plan our Membeso ceremony," Ntsika said, I was happy to hear that at first but later realized that it was not a request, but her going ahead and doing it, she took over the ceremony and made it an over-the-top spectacular combining my lobola negotiants' with my Membeso ceremony without my knowledge, I applaud that it had everything I ever wanted and even more, even though I felt like she somehow manipulated me when she said " I could not wait weeks to make you part of the Bhengu family" understandably enough, I get that, but I wish she could have just told me what she was planning rather than do things behind my back.