story 32

Kie's POV: 

JJ and I started dating on the island and I ended up getting pregnant a few weeks into the school year. My due date was July 20th and I still haven't told anyone. I was already a month or so along and I knew my parents would kill me and that JJ didn't ever want kids. 

I've been avoiding the pogues because I've been super sick and throwing up and I can't tell that I'm pregnant before I find a way to tell JJ. He's going to freak out. 

It was late and I was throwing up when JJ walked into my room. My parents were gone for the weekend and he knew that. He saw that I was sick and he was super supportive and so sweet. He got me in bed and he held me and I knew I had to tell him.

"J, I need to tell you something and you're going to freak out and I need you to promise me that you won't run and that you will stay here and talk about it with me.." I said shaking as I was so nervous

"Are you dying or something?" He asked concerned

"No, but my parents might kill me or you... J, I'm pregnant.." I whispered as tears fell from my eyes

He was frozen and he couldn't say anything or move. He looked at me and he wiped my tears and he said, "I'm freaking out right now. Like I'm so fucking terrified, Kie... I don't want kids and I never wanted to pass my shitty DNA on. I didn't ever want to be a dad because I'll be a shitty father just like my dad... Fuck..."

He got up and paced around my room for a second before he sat down and he said, "But holy shit, Kie. You're pregnant with our baby. I never wanted kids but now I can't wait to meet this baby."

He was crying and so happy and he kissed me and I gave him a long speech about how he would never be his father. I fell asleep in his arms and we eventually told everyone about the baby. My parents were pissed at first and that was mainly because the baby was JJ's and they hated him. However, they loved their grandbaby and were growing to like JJ. The pogues were so excited for the baby.

The pregnancy was flying by. My parents let JJ stay over all the time and he practically lived with us. He was so in love with this baby and I loved watching how protective he was over the bump. Before I knew it, I was in the hospital giving birth. JJ was there the whole time to help me through the labor. 

I gave birth to a little girl and she was absolutely beautiful. She was placed in my arms and we took a quick family picture. 

"Welcome to the world, Lily Anna Maybank.." I said as I began to get lightheaded and dizzy. The nurse took the baby and alarms started beeping and doctors and nurses were running in and out of the room

"I love you, Kie..." JJ said as he kissed my lips

"I love you, J.." I said before I blacked out

JJ's POV:

Kie had a lot of bleeding and was taken to surgery. They came out and told me it happened so fast and they couldn't stop it. Kie was dead. Our daughter lost her mom and I lost the love of my life. I broke down and was a complete mess. I was shocked that Kie's parents were comforting me. This is something I've never had before. The pogues were all crying too. 

A few days later, I brought our daughter home to my house on the cut where I was supposed to live with Kie. I had no idea what I was supposed to do with a baby. I held her and she looked just like her mom. It made me cry whenever I saw Lily. I know this sounds awful, but if she wouldn't have gotten pregnant, she wouldn't have died. 

I couldn't do this. I packed a bag full of clothes and everything and I brought her to Mike and Anna and told them that I couldn't do this alone. They had offered in the hospital to take her and I said no, but I changed my mind. 

I went home and I got fucking wasted. I drank so many beers and then I took some shots of whiskey while I smoked some weed. I woke up and I felt like shit. Lily had been with her grandparents for a week and I missed Kie like crazy. I broke down and went to talk to John B, Pope, and Sarah. We went to the Wreck for lunch and Lily was here and I could hear her screaming in the back. 

I got up and went back there and Anna was holding her. I grabbed her and said, "It's okay, Lil, daddy's got you.."

I lightly rubbed her back and her crying stopped. I looked at Anna and Mike came over and I said, "I'm sorry, I made a huge mistake. I was pissed and I still am pissed that I lost the love of my life. I blamed my daughter and I feel like an ass. You lost your daughter too and you are still taking care of your granddaughter. This is some shit my dad would have done and I'm not him. I want to be a dad, I need to be there for my daughter because Kie might have left us, but she also gave us a piece of her. I love my daughter and I'm all in..."

Anna was crying and she hugged me and told me she was proud of me and that I was already an amazing dad. They told me they would watch her and wanted to see her as much as possible. 

The pogues and Kie's parents were super supportive and always there to help me. I started to get the hang of things and I loved being a dad. I wish Kie were here to see this. Over the years, I got really close with her parents and Sarah became like a mom to Lily.

Lily was now three and she asked, "Where's mommy?"

"Mommy is in heaven looking down on us right now. Your mommy loves you so much."

There were times when I made mistakes, but every parent does. I just made sure that I always showed my daughter that I loved and supported her no matter what. Because all any kid really wants is for their parents to love them and to be proud of them. Yeah, Kie was gone and I missed her every single day, but she gave me Lily and I would always be grateful for that. Lily is the best thing that's ever happened to me.