story 119

Kie's POV:

JJ and I started dating our senior year and him being my boyfriend has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I was so in love with him. He was the perfect guy for me and we couldn't be happier.

I was going to college and thankfully, my parents were paying for it. I was only going to school about three hours away so JJ and I tried to hang out as much as we could on weekends or long breaks.

The first semester was great and it wasn't until my second semester that my mom and dad got sick of me dating JJ. We got into a huge argument about how they didn't think it would even last this long between us and my mom basically said I could pick college or JJ.

My mom and dad cut me off. They were so pissed at me for dating JJ that they just cut me off. I was bawling because I didn't understand how they could be that mad at me just because I was in love with a pogue.

I could no longer afford college as my mom and dad were paying for it. I finished my Spring semester as it was already paid for and I was forced to move back home to the Outer Banks. There was no way that I was living with my parents so I moved in with JJ at his house.

Luke left the island almost two years ago and he never returned so now it was just JJ's house. He never really had people over. I don't even think the pogues have been over but he happily agreed to let me move in with him.

I was working at the Wreck full-time and it was late after a shift. I was finishing cleaning things up and it was passed the end of my shift. I should have been home two hours ago. Suddenly, the door opened and it was JJ. He had a key, so he could let himself in.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked concerned

"Just finishing up" I said trying to hide my emotions

I turned away from him and I started crying. He turned me around and I said, "I just wanted to finish college and get a good job. All I've ever wanted was to give you the life you've dreamed of. A house on Figure Eight with a koi pond. Now, we'll be on the cut for the rest of our lives"

He hugged me and I was crying into his shoulder. He calmed me down and he broke the hug and he looked into my eyes and said ,"Kie, my dream is to be with you. I don't care if we live on the cut or on Figure Eight. All I want is you"

He hugged me and what he said made me feel so much better. He held me in his arms and whispered, "You and me, we're going to figure this out and we're going to make it. It will be the biggest fuck you to your parents"

I laughed at what he just said and I whispered, "Thank you, I love you so much"

"I love you too" He said kissing me

Our kiss broke and he said, "Kie, all I need in this world to be happy is you. Don't ever feel guilty for not giving me enough because your love all I need"

I started crying again as I loved his soft and emotional side. He kissed my head and said, "Come on, it's late. Let's go home"