story 96

Kie's POV:

JJ and I have been dating for a few months and things were going great. The pogues would constantly tease us, but they also thought we were a super cute couple.

JJ has been such a good boyfriend. This was his first real relationship. I sometimes struggle with thinking how many girls he's been with but then I remember that I'm his girlfriend.

JJ has been busy working all week so I've barely seen him. It was late Thursday night after JJ got off work and I missed him. I wanted to see him and I knew his dad wasn't home so I went to his house to surprise him. His bedroom door was shut and I opened it ready to go crawl into bed with him.

I opened the door and I froze. JJ was in bed with another girl. They both paused and he looked at me. I screamed at the girl, "Get the fuck out!"

She didn't move and I went over and ripped the comforter off and the girl tried to cover herself back up and I threw her clothes at her and she grabbed them and quickly got dressed and left. She was terrified.

"How could you?" I asked JJ with tears streaming down my face

I realized he was super drunk and that this conversation would be pointless. I turned around and left his house. I was shaking and crying and I got home and went and laid in my bed bawling.

I cried myself to sleep that night and I didn't go to school the next day. Sarah had texted me and asked what was wrong. I didn't respond to her. She came over after school and I told her everything. She was pissed at JJ. She spent the next few hours hanging out with me.

John B called her and told us to come to the chateau. Sarah told John B we weren't coming because we were doing girl things. I wasn't ready to tell John B and Pope about JJ.

Sarah slept over and JJ hasn't even bothered to try to talk to me. I think that hurt even more. A few days passed and he wasn't in school Monday or Tuesday. He was there Wednesday and he wouldn't even look at me. He looked like he hasn't slept in days.

The girlfriend in me wanted to ask if he was okay and ask him to come over after school to take a nap together. But he cheated on me.

The following weekend, I went to the chateau for a fire. I knew JJ would be there. He sat across the fire from me and just kept to himself.

"What's going on with the two of you?" John B asked me and JJ as usually we were sitting next to each other and making out the whole time

"He cheated on me" I said looking down

John B and Pope were both pissed at him and I sat there while the two of them yelled at JJ. He didn't say anything. He just sat there. I had nothing to say to him. He cheated on me. I still loved him but had to get over him.

That night, we were all crashing at the chateau and I took the spare room. I had been crying myself to sleep all week. Tonight wasn't any different and JJ came in and asked, "Can I talk to you?"

"There's nothing to say" I said trying to hide my tears

"I'm so so sorry and it's stupid to even apologize because I know that nothing can take back what I did"

"Why even bother then? Just leave me alone." I whispered and he left

We didn't really talk over the next month. I haven't seen him with any new girls either. I wondered if he's been with anyone since that night.

He was in a dark place. He worked almost all the time and was drinking and smoking more than he ever had before. I tried to ignore it. He also didn't talk to the pogues much anymore as they were all on my side. I did feel guilty that he lost his friends because of it all.