story 144 (based on season 3)

SEASON 3 SPOILERS in this story

* disclaimer - this story is based on OBX season 3, episode 4 - I just put my own thoughts/ideas into the episode *

Kie's POV:

We just got home and my parent's pretty much had me on lockdown. It took so much begging and convincing for them to let me go check in on JJ. I had to see him.

He had no one waiting for him at home since Luke left the island. John B and Sarah had each other, Pope had his parents and they also took Cleo in. JJ was all alone.

When I arrived, I saw JJ was out working on his bike. I walked over to him as we needed to talk about what happened on the boat. We almost kissed. I told him about Big John being alive and about the treasure that Singh was also after. I sat down on the stool next to the table to bring up the moment we shared together.

He seemed angry, or upset. Something was bothering him. I wanted to know what it was. He told me what almost happened on the boat was weird. I hope he didn't mean it was a bad weird. Luckily, he didn't mean it that way.

I stood up and once again, we were inches apart about to kiss again. I wanted him to kiss me. But he pulled back and said, "What are we doing? We shouldn't be doing this. Nah, we shouldn't do that"

He walked away and he kept saying we shouldn't do that and it would all blow up anyway. He called me a kook and told me that I didn't care. He went off about him being a pogue and how he was a loser from the cut.

It broke my heart to see him like this. He never thought he was good enough. He was such a loyal friend and he has the biggest heart. I just wish he could see himself through my eyes.

"You're a Kook, Kiara" He screamed at me

We continued to argue and he was on his bike ready to leave and I had to stop him.

"JJ, where are you going?"

"Doesn't matter" He yelled starting his bike

"It does matter! You always go off and do stupid shit when you're pissed and I can't let you do that because I can't lose you. After everything we've been through, I've come way too close to losing you and I'm not going to let that happen again" I screamed after him as he slowly started to inch away from me on his bike

"So you do care about me?"

"Of course, I care about you" I yelled so he could hear me

"Sometimes caring isn't enough" He said taking off

"JJ, I LOVE YOU" I screamed and his bike came to a halt

He put the bike up on its kickstand and got off the bike and looked at me from about twenty feet away.

"What did you just say to me?"

"I love you, J" I said repeating myself

He stood there, frozen. I probably just screwed this whole thing up and he was going to take off for sure. Instead, he surprised me when he walked towards me and he crashed his lips into mine.

"I love you too" He said between kisses