story 60

Kie's POV:

We had been on Poguelandia for a week and JJ was finally back to himself after his little incident. Sarah had pulled me aside multiple times telling me I was in love with him and denied it. I didn't love him. I couldn't love him.

Cleo and JJ had been flirting with each other for a few days now. It was so annoying and we were all getting hungry.

"Pope, will you go with me to get a watermelon?" I asked

"Yeah" He said getting up and coming with me as we walked away from the group to go to the watermelon we found a few days ago

The walk was pretty quiet and Pope looked at me and asked, "Are you in love with him?"

"Who?" I asked playing dumb

"You know who I'm talking about"

"JJ" I said laughing and then I continued, "No, I'm not in love with him"

"Really? Because I saw the way you two looked at each other on the lifeboat"

"I was just happy he wasn't dead" I said trying to defend myself

"Whatever you say but I'm not stupid Kiara. I know you love JJ and you probably always have. It's why you could never love John B or me. You're just too scared to admit it"

"I'm not scared, JJ just isn't my type. Besides, he seems to like Cleo. How do you feel about that?"

"He steals all the girls, I'm used to it" Pope answered as we grabbed the watermelon and headed back where we saw JJ about to kiss Cleo. They stopped once they saw us with the watermelon.

Cleo cut it open with her knife and we all shared the sweet fruit. It was getting late and everyone was getting ready for bed. JJ and Cleo were still talking by the fire. They were laughing and flirting with each other.

The next day, John B was taking charge and splitting us all up to gather food, find water, get wood, fish, etc. JJ decided to go fishing, Cleo went to get water, Sarah was gathering berries, John B was going to get wood, Pope was going to work on his navigation and nerd things to help us figure out where we were.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked as there were no jobs left

"You get to help JJ fish" John B said and I rolled my eyes

Everyone went off in their own directions and I was alone with JJ on the beach. He grabbed his homemade pole and waded out into the water without me. I stayed on the beach and took my clothes off so I was in my swimsuit. I followed JJ out into the water and asked, "What do you want me to do?"

"Nothing, I got it" He said walking away from me

"Okay, fuck you're acting like a dick" I said walking farther away from the water and sitting on the beach

I played with the sand and JJ fished and he wouldn't even look back at me. This was unbelievable. He was treating me like shit. I got up to leave and suddenly black clouds rolled in. We were about two miles away from our home base. We weren't going to make it back before the storm.

"JJ, we should head back. It's going to storm"

We ran back to the shelters and when we got there, JJ was glued to Cleo and they were flirting. It was storming and I looked over at JJ and Cleo and she leaned in and kissed him. He leaned in and kissed her back. I couldn't watch this. I got up and walked away. I heard everyone telling me not to leave but I kept running. Once I was far enough away, I threw up. It made me sick to see him kiss Cleo. I kept walking and I had no idea where I was going. I was soaking wet and I finally stopped and just cried. I was lost and I couldn't see because it was raining so hard.

I had a complete breakdown and I couldn't control it. I watched the storm and I eventually fell asleep. I woke up right as the sun started to rise. I walked on the beach to head back to the group. I had walked about half a mile when I saw JJ running. He saw me and said, "Thank god"

"Leave me the hell alone" I said walking by him

I stopped me and said, "I'm sorry for flirting with Cleo and for kissing her, okay? I regret it."

"Doesn't matter, you still did it. Go be with her" I said walking away from him to hide my tears

"Kie, wait!" He called out

"What?" I asked

"I like you, not Cleo" He said and I didn't give him time to continue

"Well, I'm still in love with Pope" I yelled back

"Bullshit and you know it" He said as I kept walking

We got back and Sarah hugged me. I just told them I wasn't feeling good last night. JJ was back now and not saying anything to anyone. I went and sat by Pope and I leaned my head on his shoulder and whispered, "Kiss me, make Cleo and JJ notice"

Pope did exactly what I told him. He kissed me and I turned it into a make out sesh. JJ fake coughed and I gave him the middle finger. Pope and I broke apart and Cleo pulled out her knife and started spinning it in circles.

Sarah and Cleo went for a walk and I was left alone with the three boys.

John B sat me, JJ, and Pope down and he was trying to make me and JJ make up and be friends. This was just pissing me off even more. The girls came back and JJ went back to flirting with Cleo and I was so over it.

This went on for days. About a week later, I was miserable and everyone could see. Pope had his arm around me and JJ was sitting by Cleo at the fire and he got up and tapped me and said. "Come on"

I got up and followed him down the beach. We sat in the sand and he looked at me and said, "This is stupid, us not talking. I'm sorry I kissed Cleo. I was scared because when I looked at you in the lifeboat, I knew I didn't just like you, I loved you and that scares the hell out of me. I can't ever lose you, Kie...I love you"

"I love you, JJ...." I said forgetting everything that happened between us as he kissed me

When we broke apart, I said, "You're a much better kisser than Pope"

He laughed and said, "You're much better than Cleo"

We sat there for hours talking and I fell asleep in his arms on the beach. We walked back to everyone the next morning and Cleo and Pope were hanging out. Sarah said, "Hey lovebirds"

We hung out today and tonight JJ and I snuck away. We went down to our own spot on the beach and he looked at me and said, "I wanted to hook up with Cleo and be done. Move on to the next girl, you know what I did back home. Except I realized the next girl here is you and I don't want what we have to just be a fling. I want this to last forever, I want to marry you someday, but for right now, I want to be your boyfriend and I have no idea how to do that because I've never cared about someone like this before"

We talked and we were officially dating. We went back and told everyone and Pope and Cleo said they were dating too. A few days have passed, JJ lied when he said he didn't know what he was doing. He was the best boyfriend and I was so in love with him,