story 145 (based on season 3)

SEASON 3 SPOILERS in this story

* disclaimer - this story is based on OBX season 3, episode 7 - I just put my own thoughts/ideas into the episode *

JJ's POV:

John B and I were pulling up to the anniversary party for Mike and Anna to get the girls to head to South America. I decided to sit this one out because Mike already hates me and I'd hate to give him more of a reason to hate me. Truth is, I suck at literally anything that has to do with parents.

John B was taking forever so I snuck off the boat and to the fence and that's when I saw Kie. She looked so good in the outfit that she was wearing. I told her about the plan but all she wanted to do was talk.

She wanted to talk about what almost happened or what didn't almost happen between us. She said it was all she could think about. I couldn't talk about this shit, I hate talking about feelings and all that crap. That's why I don't do relationships.

She was annoying me and I said some shit that I knew I was going to regret. I told her to tell her father that I don't regret stealing his money because I actually need it, unlike him because well, he's a kook.

She looked at me like she was so over this and asked, "What is wrong with you? You're really acting like you don't care. You're acting like I don't care. Look, I love you, dude"

My brain literally froze and I couldn't believe what she just said. First of all, of course, I care. I want Mike and Anna to like me because I like their daughter. Second, did she just tell me she loved me?

My stupid brain could only say, "what", "Kie, I mean, thanks. Okay, great, no, look"

I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. I sounded like a total idiot. I didn't know what to say. I could form any sentence. I turned back around and finally was able to tell her, "It's not gonna work, okay?"

I looked into her eyes and I got lost in them. I told her I was going to help John B save his father. She was pissed at me. I told her maybe I'd see her at the Break when I got back. I started walking back to the boat and John B had to go after Topper.

I jumped off the boat to try and break up the fight, Mike was right there screaming about how the pogues ruined everything telling us to leave.

He then started screaming at me, "Get the hell outta here, JJ! Stay away from my daughter and my family"

Kie was crying and this was humiliating on so many levels.

"Yeah, you want me to stay away from her, huh?"

"You two have no future together. You and Kiara will never be here where Anna and I are, celebrating fifteen years of marriage"

"We'll see about that" I said turning to walk away with John B but then I stopped and turned back around

"You know what, no, Kie and I will never be you and Anna because unlike you, we'll actually love and trust our kids. We will love each other and won't put up this perfect couple bullshit that you guys do. I love your daughter and I will never apologize for that"

I stopped looking at Mike and Anna and shifted my attention over to Kiara. She walked up to me and said, "I love you, JJ"

"I love you too, now let's get the hell away from here" I said as we ran to the boat and Sarah followed us

We were on the good old HMS as John B sped away. John B and Sarah looked at us and Sarah said, "Aren't you gonna kiss her now?"

Kie and I both laughed as we slowly leaned in for our kiss. The kiss we've been waiting so long for. It was short but it was perfect.

"Looks like Jiara is finally happening" Sarah smiled at us

Kie rolled her eyes and smiled at me. Jiara. I like it.