story 33 - surf accident

requested by: Lillithatsis

JJ's POV:

We were all hanging out at the chateau and we decided to head to the beach to go surfing. The waves were perfect today.

We all ran in the water and started surfing. It was so hot out and the water was so refreshing. We were all just hanging out and laughing.

We all got hungry so we went to the Wreck for lunch and got free food and then we went back to the beach.

I was the first in the water and everyone watched me surf. We were doing a competition and they gave me a perfect score. John B went next and he got a 9/10. Pope made Kie go next even though she didn't want to.

She was doing great until another surfer got in her wave and suddenly we saw them collide and they both disappeared under the wave. I didn't even have time to process what happened. I was sprinting into the ocean screaming Kie's name over and over. I saw her board surface in the distance and she was floating next to it. She wasn't moving and I saw out to get her.

I was getting pounded in the face with waves and I could hear the pogues calling me and telling me to come back, it was too dangerous, that I would die trying to save her. What they don't know is that without Kie, I'm already dead.

I love her so much. I flirt with her all the time because that's just my personality but I care about her so much. She's the only one who I can open up to and she is the only one who understands me. I swam faster and I could no longer touch.

I saw Kie's body floating. I grabbed her and I unhooked her from her board. I swam back towards shore with her in my arms. She was still unconscious and I was so worried about her.

I finally got to a place where I could touch and I lifted her body up so I was carrying her bridal style to the shore. I finally reached the beach and the pogues all rushed towards me.

I laid Kie down on the sand and she was unresponsive with a few bruises and cuts on her face. I was tapping her checks saying, "Wake up! Come on, Kie.."

Pope just sat there and said, "Stop it! There's nothing we can do."

"Shut up, Pope! You're the one that made her go. This should be you and not her. Fuck you! This is your fault.." I said with tears streaming down my face

"Fuck off, JJ..." Pope said walking away to go help the guy coming out of the water

I wiped my tears and I walked over to the guy and I threw my fist in his face.

"You need to learn how to fucking stay out of other people's wave"

"Dude, chill. It was an accident, is she okay?" He asked

"No, she's still unconscious. So fuck you!" I said hitting him again and this time John B and Pope pulled me off of him

I had so much anger built up inside of me. Pope was pissed at me and he had every right to be. He was helping the guy I just beat up and I went back to Kie who still had shallow breaths. The tide was coming in and I picked her up to move her back a few feet.

I sat down with her in my lap as I held her in my arms and I said, "Kie... Please don't leave me" 

I held her small body tight to me and John B watched. He knew I had a thing for her. I just don't think he knew how much I loved her. A few seconds later, Kie started to cough and she looked at me and said, "J"

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I don't remember what happened. I know I was surfing."

I explained everything to her and after talking for a few minutes, we both realized she was still on my lap and my arms were still wrapped around her small body.

We both knew the position we were in and neither of us made an effort to move. John B ruined the moment we were having by pulling grabbing her hands and pulling her off of me into his arms. I saw her looking back at me and I got up.

The moment was over and I knew I would never get another like that. I went back into the ocean to retrieve the surfboard. I came back and Pope and John B were taking care of Kie. I clearly wasn't needed anymore. I took her board back to John B's van along with mine. I came back and grabbed John B's and Pope's too.

"Ready to go?" I asked them as I was walking back toward them

Both boys got up and were eager to get back to the chateau but Kie didn't move.

"Want us to stay and sit with you? Or take you home?" Pope asked

"No, I'm going to stay here for a bit," Kie said looking out at the water

"I can stay with you" John B offered

"No, it's okay... You guys go." She said

"Actually, J, will you stay?" She asked me nervously

"Yeah," I said shocked as I never expected her to want me to stay. I was awful in situations like this

John B and Pope said they would stay too, but I told them that I was fine. I sat next to Kie and she said, "Thank you for saving my life"

"Hey, a pogue doesn't let another pogue die," I said trying to lighten the mood

"I'm serious... John B and Pope didn't run in to save me, you did and you didn't have to. It was dangerous going out there and you did it anyway"

"I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My adrenaline just took over. Kie, without you, it's like I'm dead so I would rather die saving you than live without." I said admitting that to her and feeling super anxious

She looked at me and she kissed me. I totally wasn't expecting his. I kissed her back and then she pulled away and we made eye contact. I kissed her again, she carefully crawled onto my lap so she was straddling me and she didn't break the kiss. When we finally broke apart, she sat between my legs with her back against my chest as we watched the sunset.

"I love you, J" She whispered so quietly that I almost didn't hear what she said

"I love you, Kie." I said kissing the top of her head

We sat there and watched the sun set into the ocean.