story 160

* takes place after season 3 when the pogues are back in the Outer Banks *

JJ's POV:

We were all chilling at the Chateau when someone knocked on the door. No one ever showed up to the Chateau and knocked unless it was the cops. Cleo went to open the door and she was gone for a few seconds and we could hear a girl speaking. We couldn't hear what they were saying but John B said, "It's probably one of JJ's hook-up girls begging to hook up again because now we're rich"

Kie gave John B a glare and he said, "Shit, sorry... Forgot about that.. It's totally probably the cops or some shit like that"

Cleo came back in the room and said, "JJ, it's for you"

I got up and walked to the door and there was a girl there. She looked younger than me and I stepped outside to talk to her.

"Hi, uh.. I'm Lily, your little sister" The girl said

"What?" I asked confused

"You're my older brother, I didn't know you existed on I heard JJ Maybank found some city of gold treasure and after some research and talking to my mom, our mom, she told me about our dad and you"

"Mom, so she's not dead?"

"No, she isn't dead... We live in northern California. I just turned sixteen and basically got on a plane to come and find you"

"Shit... Uh, so umm.. Wait here" I said about to have a total panic attack

I walked back inside the Chateau and I went into the bathroom to calm down. There was a light knock on the door and I knew it was Kie before she came in.

"What's wrong?"

"I have a sister and she's here" I said telling her what just happened

"Let me go talk to her. You can stay in here and calm down and when you're ready, you come out" Kie said and she left. I pretty much followed her out and told the pogues, "My sister that I didn't know existed is here"

Kie had just introduced herself to Lily as I walked out and sat down with them. Lily told me more about our mom, Jessica. We figured out that she was two years younger than me, so our mom must have left the Outer Banks right after she had Lily as she left when I was three. I never remembered her being pregnant or bringing a baby home.

It was getting late and we were walking back to my house.

"Sorry, it's not much" I apologized imagine the nice house she grew up in

She was sleeping in my old room as Kie and I have been in Luke's old room. I moved all his shit out and really cleaned up the place. I got ready for bed and laid there trying to remember Lily from when I was a kid and I couldn't. So many thoughts were consuming my mind.

Kie came into the room and she laid in bed, letting me be the little spoon. This is the one thing I've always loved about Kie, she would allow me to feel whatever emotions and I could be vulnerable with her and I knew she was never judging me.

"What are you thinking, J?" She asked

"Why'd my mom take her and not me? Why didn't my mom ever check in on me? Why does everyone I love fucking leave me?"

"Hey, listen to me. I love you and I'm not going anywhere. There is nothing about you that could ever scare me away. You were a child, JJ. You did nothing wrong, your mom is an idiot for not wanting to know you. But your sister is here and she wants to get to know you. So give her a chance and see what happens. If you hate her, we can send her back home. But if not, then you have another person in your life who cares about you"