𝘕𝘢𝘪𝘷𝘦 {42}

"BOYFRIEND?!"

"Shh" Your head shot towards the door as a reflex, to check if anyone heard or not. "Sorry! But...Y/n...boyfriend...?"

"Ugh! this was a mistake! I shouldn't have told yo-

"No! I'm glad you can trust me...and your secret's safe with me...I won't be telling your brothers." She smiled reassuringly.

"Thank you...thank you so much Unnie..."

"So is he a mafia too...or a normal dude?" She asked.

"Of course, a normal guy. He doesn't even have far away relations with mafias..."

Ok...maybe that was a bit too much. 

"Y/n...don't you see the problem...?" You frown. "What problem?"

"Ok imagine you guys get extremely serious about the relationship...to a point where he proposes you...will his family accept a girl from the mafia background?" You thought about it.

"He has no family..."

"Well again, will he be with a girl from a mafia family?"

Why not...he is a mafia...I'm sure he will understand. You thought

"So you want me to date a mafia?" You asked, raising a brow.

"NO...Look Y/n...you're young...way too young to understand this. I can't tell you what and what not to do..." She stopped. She saw you looking at her with a perplexed eye. 

"So you want me to stay single forever?...What?" 

"That is not what I am saying, Look...remember when me and Yongjung dated but we had to break up because dad asked me to date Gohyung instead? Yongjung was a normal guy. I really loved him...but I left him because I knew that we don't have a future. Even though you're not a mafia, you're still related to them. Every step you take, every decision you make will affect your brothers' entire team. You have to be a with a guy your brothers choose. They know they cant keep you forever...they know that they have to let go...and they will...once you turn 23, you will be introduced to someone who you're supposed to accept...I didn't think I would love Gohyung but now I do...you will too, Y/n...I'm not asking you to break up with your guy...but everything you do...just remember it is connected to your brothers..." 

"But who will this guy be?...and why so specific about the age?...why do I have to-

"Slow down, Y/n...the guy will be a member of the team your brothers really trust...but we dont know yet...and 23...because...that's the age your mom and dad got married." She smiled.

"You need time...don't worry, it will be alright" she left the room.

You sat there confused. 

Did she just call me naive? why can't she just tell me why I can't date a mafia or a non-mafia? Who will this trusted guy be?...this is so dumb...I wish my family was normal...I wish mom and dad were here...I wish I never have to leave Jungkook...

You went down only to see Jin pinching the bridge of his nose while Yoongi, Hoseok were bidding goodbyes to Namjoon. 

You went near them as soon as Yoongi and Hoseok left. You rested yourself on the couch. Clearly, the atmosphere in that room was suffocating. The sight...as well as the feelings weren't pretty. You felt like a burden. It felt like you were their responsibility. In a way, you were...but this felt like an unwanted responsibility. 

"I'm sorry..." After the exhausting day, after everything you went through, after your brothers didn't let you explain  your side of the story, this is the only thing you could say. You were even embarrassed to face your own brother. 

Without even replying...or acknowledging your presence, Seokjin got up and went towards his room while Namjoon followed him. 

What were they doing there? You had no clue...probably venting on how letting you go to a real school and live a normal life was a huge mistake.

You followed them to the room.

You saw Jin  sitting on the bed gulping his meds down while Namjoon sat on the chair next to the study.  

They both looked like they wanted to speak but weren't able to. When it came to you, they overthink alot...and the unspoken words just proved it.

"I know what happened today has no background explanation and no valid excuse but I  swear I was up to no bad."

What could you tell them about today? You were scared about their reaction. What if they blame you for staying out late? What if they ban you from going out at all? And Jungkook...this was so stressful. 

"Good for you" Jin scoffed shuffling on the bed. "Can you just let me explain" You cried...Not literally.

"No...not this time, we won't...you always come up with some bullshit, then emotionally blackmail us, and end up repeating that shit, over. and over. again." Namjoon retorted. "But every thing I say is the truth!"

"It is...you're lonely because mom and dad aren't there...we've kept you locked up for a long time...we're always at work and barely give you time...it's true, but does that give you ANY excuse to stay out late...you're well aware of our business right? You know how dangerous it is" Jin raised his voice a bit. 

"Well, if you know how dangerous it is, why don't you drop it!  Why can't you guys do something more normal!?" You had no idea how you had the courage to talk back, but somehow the bottled up emotions just pop. 

"Our business is not the topic right now, Kim Y/n!" Namjoon spoke up. 

"Y/n...are you trying to get a revenge from us?" This time, Jin's voice was soothing, his tone was calm, his eyes softened.

"What do you mean...?" You asked perplexed. 

"Are you trying to get a revenge from us for not being emotionally available?" Jin asked, with a hint of pain lingering in his eyes. 

"Oppa...no" Your voice cracked. "I'm sorry...I really am. I try not to hurt people I love but I end up doing so. I'm really sorry" You buried your face in your palms and sobbed. Your brothers' eyes softened and their hearts melted. 

They understood that not being able to be like others when you were at a tender age really messed your brain up, and now that they're being more liberating, you don't wanna miss a single opportunity being outside of the house. But again, it's not safe for you at all. 

"Just give me one more chance. One last chance. This time, I won't break your trust" You beseeched. 

"I'm sorry but it's really hard for us to trust you...or forgive you this time..." Namjoon sighed deeply. 

"I don't know, Y/n..." Jin was tentative himself. He stood up. 

"Go to your room...I need to talk to Namjoon..."

~~To Be Continued ~~