Falling. Ashton Irwin.

Falling
Ashton Irwin
Backstory: Ashton Irwin fluff about the reader falling in love with the handsome droomer. (If you get that Droomer reference, I love you.)
________☆

"How can we start a life when all we have is pain?" I read aloud from the text on my phone, whilst Ashton lays his head on my lap. "How can we rid the evil and start a new, when all we have is gratitude for the one who ruined the all above?"
"This is some hearty stuff you're reading there." A voice laughed from my lap. "Who wrote this stuff?"
"My friend, Miles. He's a big time poet, and wanted me to read his new stuff so I can give him feedback." I reply. "What do you think of it so far?"
"It's good."
"Just 'good'? Not even a little critique?" I tease, running my hand through his crazy curly hair.
"I don't know much about poetry. I never understood it in school. You know, school wasn't exactly the place for poetry. I had a friend who did it, she got bullied mercilessly for it." He looks up at me, but then quickly looks at the setting sun. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"
I look passed the view and onto the setting sun. "It looks amazing with the beach."
"I miss times like this; just me and you. Watching the sun set with no one to bother us or tell us otherwise." He sighs quietly. "What would you be doing if you had to have another life? What would you choose?"
Without a second thought, I said; "I'd be the ruler of an Roman Empire in the twelve hundreds. Married to the King and having my second child."
"Wow, really?" Ashton said, obviously taken back.
"Well, sure. I'd be the woman everyone envied and wished they were in my shoes. I'd be the ruler of the biggest Empire and my children would follow in my footsteps and rule just as I had. You know, if I had the chance. I love history... so it'd be awesome to be apart of it some time." I shake my head when he looks up at me. "It's silly, isn't it?"
"No. Of course not. I know you love history, and it'd be pretty badass to rule a Roman Empire. Who would be your King?"
I fall silent for a moment. "Bill Skarsgård."
"Not even me?" He fakes a hurt gasp.
"No," I giggle, "he just seems King-ly like, you know? Or I'd have someone like Fili from the Hobbit. Someone who is family wise and known for it. Someone that wouldn't kill me just to have the throne to themselves. Who would you be?" I ask.
"I'd be right here, right now, with the most amazing and beautiful girl playing with my hair. That's where I'd be." He smiles.
"Oh, you're such a cheese ball. Full of girly things aren't you?"
"Just cause I don't want to rule a Roman Empire." He teases.
We sit in comfortable silence for a moment, waiting for the right time to speak, but it never feels perfect. "I can't believe I let myself do this."
"Do what?" Ashton asks, sitting up and facing me.
"Fall for you."
He grins, pulling me into a squeeze hug. "I'm falling for you too."