✦Chapter 31✦

Sidd slowly paced to Avneet's room to see her sleeping so peacefully that he couldn't stop smiling. He sat beside her placing his hand on her forehead. 

Sidd= you don't know how precious you are. You can't know how much I love you but your sister...... She is trapping everyone. She is a cheater, a betrayer. I know you will understand me one day. But I don't know how to tell you all this? I know I wouldn't have favoured her but I was helpless. Pls, forgive me. I am so sorry.

Sidd said in an almost pleading voice. He was having guilt. Suddenly Avni opens her eyes and starts scanning her surroundings. Sidd's smile brightened seeing her awake but when she saw him caressing her hand she jerked him away and unfortunately hissed in pain. Sidd's face tensed.

Sidd = Calm down, Avneet calm down.

Avu (in whisper,pain)= What are you doing here? Do you want to see now how I look laying on this bed?

Sidd= No, Avneet please, it's nothing like that. I want to tell you the truth.

Avu (seeing him humorously)= You don't know the meaning of truth because you have never learned to speak the truth. Get out of my sight.

Sidd= Avneet at least...

Avu (cut him off, shouting)= get out of here...

Before  Sidd could speak she again shouted. Sidd's eyes were moist and without saying anything he left the place leaving Avneet crying behind.

Avu (whispering)= Ah Sidd, today you pointed my character. I will never forgive you. You never loved me, it was all your false act. 

Outside Sidd was so angry at himself for saying this much to her. He was standing with a blank face when he saw Jai with his mom coming toward him, he quickly wiped his tears. 

Jai= Siddharth Bhai, how is di?

Sidd= She is conscious, you can meet her.

Jai's mom= Thank you so much beta, I don't have words to thank you. 

Sidd (smiling)= no aunty, it's ok. you consider me your son, right?

Jai's mom nodded and left to meet Avneet while Jai wanted to talk to Sidd.

Jai= bhai, I couldn't visit your home but I have informed Reem on phone.

Sidd (patting his back, fake smile)= Thank you so much.

Jai (hesitated)= Bhai, One more thing.

Sidd looked at him confusingly.

Jai= I love Reem and... and I want to propose her. I wanted your permission, I know she is very loved by you all and......

Sidd (cutts him)= it's ok Jai, I trust you but don't do anything which can lower my head in front of my family just for considering you.

Jai (smiles)= I will never let it bhai, and I am also joining di's college.

This vanished Sidd's smile. He just nodded and muttering a 'good bye with take care' and left which left Jai confused to see sudden change in his behavior.

At Nandra's home,

No one was at home, Rits was sitting on couch sipping coffee and thinking of her new plan. After taking two or three sips she smirked keeping the cup of coffee on table.

At Sidd's home,

The gate was banged by someone. Reem came running and opened the door. There Sidd was standing.

Reem (moist eyes)= Bhai

She hugged him tightly gripping his shirt. Sidd placed his chin on her head smiling on how her sister was worried for him. Reem broke the hug after sometimes.

Reem= Bhai, itna pareshan kiya app ne, college se bhi bina inform kiye aa gaye. (You made her worried, you left from college also without informing.)

Sidd cupped her cute face.

Sidd= Acha I'm sorry, abb andar bhi aane do gi ya yahen khara rahun? (Alright, will u let me in or not?)

Reem (chuckling)= Aao app (You can come.)

Sidd came inside and sat on the chair in the yard just in front of gate. Just then Vaish came seeing Sidd who arrived just now. Sidd was checking the  wound on his elbow.

Vaish= Sidd, yeh kia hua hai?( Siddharth, what happened?)

She asked sitting beside him.

Sidd= bhabhi bas Avneet ko save krte krte lag gai.

Good News: you will get regular updates from now as my exams are over.

Words: 710