✦Chapter 54✦

It was the next day, and Avneet was restless from the time she saw Siddharth. Currently, she was sitting in her room when she heard the doorbell rang. After a few minutes, she heard 2 aunties talking to each other in a loud voice. One was her mother but other. She stood up and went down to see Manjul with her mom sitting on the couch. Manjul's mom was furning in anger while Avu's mom was convincing her. Avu went near them and greeted Manjul's mom.

Avu (sitting on couch beside her mom): Good morning, Aunty.

But Manjul's mom didn't answer her and turned her face to the other side. Avu looked at her mom, who signed her. She looked at Manjul's mom.

Manjul: Mom, I know she did wrong, but she is pregnant with my child. Not for her but for your grandchild. Please don't say no.

Manjul's mom (angrily looking at him): So what? If she would'nt have done all this, then I might have accepted her, but now she has played with many boys and also trapped one. How can you expect me to accept such a cheap and characterless woman like her for my only son? Huh?

Avu exhaled sharply before speaking.

Avu (politely): Aunty, I know she did wrong, but the main thing is she is guilty for her such act. She wants to mend her mistake.

Manjul's mom: Girl! Listen to me. Such girls can never feel guilty or they can't mend their mistakes because they have to do it again and again.

Avu looked down, not knowing what to say. Manjul's mom saw shame and pride in Avu's eyes. Manjul's mom looked at Manjul.

Avu's mom: sister, please.

Manjul's mom (looking at Avneet): If you want, I can give you a favour.

Avu's mom and Avu looked at each other in confusion.

Avu's mom (confused): What kind of favour?

Manjul also looked at her mother confused.

Manjul's mom: You have 2 daughters. If you want, I can make your second daughter my daughter-in-law.

Avu's mom (confusingly): Second daughter?

Manjul's mom pointed towards Avu, and everyone's eyes went wide open. Avu stood up in anger.

Avu (in anger): Are you in your senses? Do you know what you are talking about?

Manjul's mom and everyone also stood up.

Manjul's mom (struggling her shoulders): What wrong I said? I find you more mannered and disciplined than Rits. What is wrong with it?

Manjul: mom...

Manjul's mom (cutting him): Let me talk, Manjul.

Avu (in anger): ok then, listen to my answer too. I am already interested in someone who is much more loyal than your son, and it's not like my parents are unaware of it. In fact, they know who that guy and what he does. Rits didn't tell her family about her relationship, and then when did he tell? He also didn't tell anyone of us, not even his mom.

Manjul's mom looked away in anger.

Avu: When he can't convince his mom about his relationship if he really is interested, then one day, he can even throw me out or taunt me by Rits's name. Your own son is not loyal to you, and you are expecting me to sacrifice for him? Impossible! I was never and will never be interested in him.

Manjul's mom felt herself insulted. She looked at Avneet in anger while they didn't know someone was listening to them, and that was Rits. Yes, she was standing on stairs listening to everything while Avu's dad and Jai weren't at home. Rits heart broke into pieces when she heard her demand. She felt dizzy.