✦Chapter 48 ✦

Reem (sobbing while caressing his hair): I know Bhaiya. I know. I'm here only and I need you. J-Just get well soon.

Reem went a little more closer to hear him. Slowly he was losing his courage and senses both at the same time. His lips were dry and he seemed weak enough due to which he was having difficulty in speaking. He also had breathing problems because of the stress he was taking.

Sidd (panting heavily, whispering): T-Take c-care of y-yourself a-and...... d-dada.

Saying this he slowly closed his eyes while he stopped breathing and monitor started beeping louder and louder. Reem was shocked and terrified at the same time.

Reem (caressing his hair, sobbing): Bhaiyaa...Bhaiya open your eyes and talk to me. Bhaiya....

Nurse who was present there panicked as she rushed towards him. Nurse dragged Reem away from Sidd.

Nurse (panicked): Kindly leave the room please.

Nurse said straighning his bed.

Nurse (shouting): Doctors, cpr is required. The patient isn't breathing.

Reem's hand covered her mouth while she was hiccuping. Nurse gave an injection to Sidd on his arm. A group of nurses and doctor rushed inside in the I.C.U room with a defibrillator machine. One of the doctor removed his oxygen mask and placed a cylindrical mask on his face, helping him breathing. Reem came close to him which a nurse saw and stopped her.

Nurse: Ma'am you need to go out please!

Reem (objecting her): No, I won't leave my brother like this (to Sidd) bhai please don't give up for me. Please!

The doctor rubbed the defibrator against each other as current flowed. The doctor placed the defibrator on Sidd's chest.

Doctor: charging to 200. Clear?

Nurse: Clear!

Sidd's chest bounced as doctor pressed the button. Reem was pushing the other nurse but the nurse was already holding her.

Nurse (panicked): Ma'am please leave the room!

2 nurses held Reem from her arms and walked with her outside the room while Reem was yelling, objecting them. Abhi stood up seeing nurses holding Reem from her arms.

Nurse (panick): Sir, please handle your sister. She is going out of control.

Abhi nodded and pulled Reem towards him. He hugged her while she was still pushing herself away from him.

Reem (yelling in anger): Leave me! You are no one to me.

Abhi hugged her more tighter while crying. Reem slowly stopped objecting and hugged him tighter keeping her head on his chest. He started caressing her hair which helped her while she broke down on his touch. Abhi was also crying but was controlling himself for her. Vaishu also side hugged them, keeping her head on Abhi's shoulder with tears flowing through her eyes.

***********

It was 9 of morning, Doctor came out checking Rits, who got unconscious while Avu's mom and Manjul were waiting outside in hall. They stood up as they saw her coming towards them.

Doctor: She was stressed and in shock. It's her 5th month so she should be careful otherwise it can risk the baby's life.

The doctor left from there making both of them worried.

Avu's mom: Already many things happened. I don't think Aman will let Rits live here.

Manjul just shook his head in disrelief.