✦Chapter 60✦

Avneet was sitting on the floor, leaning on her bed, looking at the front window. Her face was expressionless, and her hair was messy. She had dark circles under her eyes because she couldn't sleep the whole night. Her eyes are not blinking, and Rits every word ringing in her mind like a storm.

Rits (aloud): This child was never Siddharth's, but Manjul's and Siddharth never raped me. It was me who raped him.

Avu (in mind): How should I tell Sidd I loved him as he did? I also had feelings for him as he had, but I was backing off because of my sister. I know her from in and out. She would have done anything to prove me characterless in front of the university. How should I tell Siddharth that I was helpless?

A tear fell from her eyes as she closed her eyes, keeping her head on the bed while sitting on the floor. That's when the door opened and Jai came in. He sat on the floor, beside Avneet, and looked down, not knowing what to say. He kept his hand on her shoulder.

Jai: Di!

She snapped her head towards him but again looked in front with a blank expression.

Jai: Di, please! Don't punish yourself like this.

Avu (blankly): I am suffering the consequences of what I have done only. I rejected Sidd because of my sister and see today. He has everyone, but I am left alone.

Jai (holding her hands): Don't say like that di. You are not alone. We all are with you. Papa, Mumma, me, everyone.

Avu (looking at him blankly): But not Sidd. I have lost Sidd. I-I have lost my love. In fact, it affected your lovelife too.

Jai looked down, controlling his tears.

Avu (cracky voice): Ritika destroyed everything Jai.

That's when they heard some noises outside the room. They looked at each other before standing up and rushing down. What they saw left them astonished. The police were there and wanted to arrest Ritika while she was struggling in their grip. Jai and Avni glanced at each other.

Avu (in confusion): What is happening here?

Rits (trying to free herself, sobbing): Avneet, please ask them to leave me. Tell them that you have forgiven me, Avneet. Please!

Avu: Who am I to forgive you? More than me, it was you who used Siddharth for no reason. Ask him to forgive you, not me, and congratulations, you are successful in your mission. You destroyed more than 4 lives. I will pray for your peace.

Rits sobbed there while the lady constable dragged her from her arm.

Constable (in warning): Let's go, girl! You have done enough. Now, it's your downfall.

Rits called Avu's dad for help but turned his face to the other side, not saying a word. The constables dragged Ritika with them despite her protests.

Avi's dad (looking nowhere): Today, the innocent got justice, and the guilty were punished. From today, we are no one to Ritika, and she is no one to us. I don't care now what punishment she gets from the court, and now I can't lose my dignity more because of her.

Avu's mom looked down, controlling her tears while Avu's dad left from there. Avu looked at Jai, who also glanced at her. Avu's mom left while Avu dropped herself on the couch, tears leaking from her eyes. Jai, who knew his sister's situation as he was also going through the same, sat in front of her on his knees, capturing her small, soft hands.

Jai (looking at her with tears in his eyes): Di, you should talk to Sidd. I know he will forgive...

Avu (yelling, jerking his hands): How should I talk to him after all this? What should I talk, huh? Every problem was from my side. How will I talk and what will I talk, huh? That bitch has made me guilty of everything. That bitch had built such a tall and thick wall between me and Sidd that if I seek forgiveness for my whole life, then it won't be anything in front of what she did. She has shot me down in his eyes Jai. She finished everything.

She broke down in tears as Jai hugged her, after her outburst. She was shattered into pieces. She was so messy that no one could define it in words. Sometimes, words become useless in describing one's sorrow and pain.

**************

Abhi was sitting alone in the lounge, thinking something very deeply. That's when, his phone rang, which was kept on the table. Abhi glanced at the phone before leaning ahead and picking it up from the table. It was his uncle, the uncle who is his boss. He picked it up.

Abhi: Hello

Uncle (calmly): Abhishek, have you heard the news?

Abhi (confusingly): No, what is it in news?

Uncle: Just check it and your work is done!

Abhi hmmed, and declined the call. He opened his social media to see Rits arrested by police. It was a video in which the police dragged Rits in the crowd while the crowd was going crazy and some were even throwing things on her. Abhi kept his phone in his lap, closing all the tabs. He closed his eyes as peace ran down his spine.

Abhi (opening his eyes): Finally! My Ashu got justice. She will also suffer the way Ashu had to.

He looked away and stood up. That's when he felt someone's presence behind him. He frowned and turned around to see Sidd standing there, looking at him only. Sidd had tensed expressions. Abhi's eyes scanned him. He wanted to go to his brother, but his condition didn't let him because somewhere, he also knew he was responsible for it. Sidd looked at his brother.

Sidd (stammering): Is s-she really a-arrested?

He asked, not believing his words. Abhi just shook his head and blinked his eyes. Sidd walked towards Abhi and looked down.

Sidd (stammering): C-Can I see it?

Abhi smiled and forwarded his phone. Sidd took it from him, entered the passcode and directly opened the news channel online.

Ritika's face was covered and she was being dragged and pushed by the lady constables while crowd was surrounding her. She was being dragged to the court while the reporter was reporting. Sidd looked at his brother muting the volume of phone.

Sidd (emotional, panic,stammering): The same way, I was dragged right? The same way, I was asked disgusting questions right? The same way, I was being maltreated right? The same way, I was molested and critisized. See, today she is being all this. S-She....

He was shivering and shaking, imagining himself at her place. Abhi quickly went and hugged him tightly, making circles on his back, calming him down.

Abhi (tightning his grip): Ashu! See everyone is here. Dada is here, Reemi is here and your Vaishu di is also here. Don't stress yourself. It isn't good. Relax! Relax!

He consoled, calming Siddharth down and it worked. Abhi was still holding him from his arms whereas Sidd was calming himself down by taking depp breaths. That's when, they heard Vaishu's scream.
.
.
.

How was the chapter?

Goals: 100 votes.

Words: 1215