✦Chapter 43✦

It was evening, the gate was banged by someone. Vaishu ran to open the gate and found Abhi standing there with a letter in his hand and blank emotions on his face. He came inside throwing his bag on the couch in lounge while Vaishu followed him.

Vaishu: What happened Abhi? You came early today.

Abhi opened the first button of his shirt and handed her an envelope. Vaishu took the envelope from his hand, unfolded it to find it an official notice. She glanced at him before reading it. It was an official notice from court. She folded it again, exhaling sharply.

Vaishu: Rits is much clever than I thought.

Abhi looked at her.

Abhi: So, you are still blaming that innocent girl for everything.

Vaishu (raising her eyebrow, sarcasm): Innocent girl!

Abhi (looking away): It is useless to talk to you Vaish. The thing which is bothering me is from where will we arrange a lawyer when 1st hearing is after 1 week? This boy has crossed all his limits.

Vaishu looked at him with disappointed in her eyes. She shook her head leaving from there. Vaish went to Sidd's room to find Reem who was sitting with Sidd feeding him soup while he was just eating it silently.

Vaishu: Reemi, I needed to have a talk to you in private.

Sidd looked at her.

Sidd (confusingly): What is it Bhabhi?

Vaishu (diverting the topic, not wanting to tell it to Sidd): Ah, nothing much Sidd. Its just.....

Sidd (cuts her): di please, I know there is something which you are hiding. Please don't hide.

Vaish surrendered as she was caught.

Vaishu: Court orders have been arrived. First hearing is next week's Monday.

Reem (tensing): -And today is Tuesday.

Vaishu nodded. Tears formed in Sidd's eyes.

Sidd (chuckled humorously): Now, no one save me from this mess.

Reem: Bhai please! Think positive. Everything will be fine.

Sidd: I want to sleep.

Reem: But bhai you haven't finished soup yet and you also didn't had anything after breakfast.

Sidd (whispers): Reemi, please.

Reem glanced at Vaishu who nodded her head.

Reem: Good night Bhai!

She wished him and left the room with Vaishu along with her. As soon as they left, Sidd burst into tears. He laid down on his bed crying silently cursing his fate.

*************

After 1 week,

It was the first hearing day of court. They all were present in the court room. Avneet's family were on one side while Sidd's family on another. The judge sat on his chair and the hammer was banged by him. Sidd's heartbeat was increasing second by second. Reem held his hand, feeling his nervousness. He glanced at her while she nodded at him. This was seen by Avneet. Everyone sat on their seats.

Judge: Order Order! What is the new case of today?

Nandra's lawyer was Dev. He stood up.

Dev: Your owner my client Ritika Badiani has been raped by Abhishek Sharma's brother Siddharth Sharma and she is also pregnant with his child but he is not owning this child.