✦Chapter 53✦

Manjul was sitting on his bed fisting the bedsheet in anger, continuously patting his leg. The fact that Rits thought him a betrayer haunts him. The way she wanted everything to cover accordingly to her was making Manjul more mad.

Manjul (in mind): Why Rits? Why? Why did you do all this? You would have waited for me. You would have contacted me when I was contacting you. At least today, I shouldn't have to be ashamed telling mom that the girl I love is a playgirl, who was pregnant with my child and blamed it on Siddharth. She lost her respect and pride in front of the media. How will I tell mom about all this? I feel disgusting from you Rits, what about mom? She wouldn't tolerate anything like this. Think something, Manjul, think!

Saying this, he closed his eyes and lay on the bed, exhaling sharply while his mind numb.

***************

The next day, Siddharth was getting discharged from the hospital. He was sitting on his bed, looking at everything in front of him. Reem packing his bag and files while Vaishu checking his medicines, seeing from the prescription, while Abhi went to pay the final bills. Sidd was looking here and there when suddenly he realized something. His phone was missing.

Sidd: Reemi, have you seen my phone?

Reem (packing his bag): It's on your side table only bhai at home. Its battery was dead, so I put it on charging.

Sidd looked down. That's when the door opened, and Avu's dad came in. Everyone looked at him as he entered.

Avu's dad (joining his hands): Namaste!

Vaishu, Reem: Namaste!

But Sidd didn't wish him back. He turned his face to the opposite side. Avu's dad walked towards Sidd and sat on the bed in front of him.

Avu's dad (looking at Sidd): How are you now?

Sidd (looking away): I'm better now but unfortunately opposite than what you excepted.

Avu's dad (looking down): I won't mind your any word. Your anger is worth it. Anyways, I have come to drop you at your home. I know you don't have a car.

Sidd looked at him blankly while Reem and Vaishu glanced at each other, not knowing his reaction.

Sidd (looking at him): Thank you for coming and telling us what we have and what we do not. We can manage a cab. You don't need to take a fitique for us.

Avu's dad (patting his arm): If you would come with me, I will think that you are also trying to forget everything that happened.

Sidd looked at him but didn't say anything. That's when Abhi came in. He greeted Avu's dad as he saw him.

Abhi: How are you, uncle?

Avu's dad (smiling): I am good. If you don't mind, can I drop you guys? Please!

Abhi looked at Sidd, who had neutral expressions.

Abhi (not knowing what to say): Uncle......

Avu's dad (cutting him): Please beta!

Abhi glanced at Vaishu and Reem, who nodded their head. Abhi also nodded his head.

Abhi: Sure, Uncle. Wait for us in the car. I will come after buying these medicines while Reem and Vaishu will come along Sidd.

Avu's dad nodded his head and left the room. Abhi glanced at Sidd, Reem, and Vaishu before leaving the room. Sidd punched the bed, becoming emotional while Reem and Vaishu were silent.