✦Chapter 49✦

That's when the door opened. Reem's eyes travelled towards the door to see Abhi and Vaishu coming inside with a shopping bag in her hand. Abhi's eyes went to Sidd and he felt his heart stopping for a minute. He slowly went near him and kissed his forehead as tears fell from his eyes.

Abhi (whispering, crying, caressing his hair): I-I need y-you Ashu! Dada is s-sorry for everything. P-Please beat me, scold me b-but please w-wake up!

Reem chuckled humorously hearing him and turned her face to the other side.

Reem: you are so late in realizing it bhai. Nothing can be the same as it was. It's of no use now.

Abhi sat on the couch hearing her and started sobbing. Vaishu kept the shopping bag on the table and sat between Abhi and Reem but didn't speak anything. Abhi was sobbing there and Reem was crying silently.

Abhi (sobbing): Yes, I did a mistake. Yes, I was wrong but I also love Ashu as much as you....

Reem (facing him, cutting him): No, no you don't. If you have loved him you wouldn't have distrusted him and he might not be here in this condition today. You trusted a bloody characterless woman who throw herself on boys over your blood brother. That's not a mistake but a sin.

Reem rested her back with her head down while tears continuously flowed from her eyes. Vaishu wiped her tears looking at Abhi.

Vaishu: Abhi, forget everything that happened. All we need is Sidd right now. We can't lose him. We should do something which leads Sidd out of danger. We have only 5 hours left. Please! We have already lost many things. We can't lose more.

Saying this, Vaishu held Abhi's hand and kept Reem's hand above Abhi's while her hand was at last. Everyone looked at each other.

****************

Avneet entered the hospital and directly went to reception. Asking about Sidd's room number, she rushed towards that direction. As soon as she entered, she saw everyone sitting on the couch with their hands engaged with each other. Everyone looked at her. Reem stood up in anger.

Reem (anger): What are you doing here now? Isn't it all enough for you?

Avneet came closer to Reem and joined her hands in front of her with tears in her eyes.

Avu (cracky voice): Reem please, I-I will die i-if I don't confess everything to him. I-Its suffocating for me to see him like this. I-I am not able to sleep, not able to do anything. Please! Let me confess everything to h-him today p-please.

Reem (disappointment): My brother was also dying like this only. My brother loved you Avneet but you didn't believe him at that time.

Avu (hands joined, crying): That's why I wanna confess today n-na. I d-don't wanna waste m-more t-time, please.

Reem closed her eyes, exhaling sharply and held her hands.

Reem: Make sure you don't give him any stress. It might be dangerous for him.

Avu nodded wiping her tears with the back of her hand and walking towards Sidd's bed while everyone stood there only. Avu's vision blurred as she saw his pale face. She sat on her knees and held his hand which was cold while Abhinavi were watching her only. 

Avu (caressing his hand): S-Siddharth! See who has come to meet you?

Hearing this Reem remembered the moment when Avneet blamed Sidd for everything in front of Abhi, Vaishu and herself. The day Abhi asked Sidd to die, the day when the media asked disgusting questions of them. She composed herself exhaling sharply once again.