✦Chapter 69✦

Jai went inside Avu's ward to find her crying, hugging her knees. Jai paced till her, and as soon as she saw her brother, she hugged him tightly.

Jai (caressing her hair): Di! What happened? Why are you crying like this?

Avu (crying): Sidd, haven't forgotten anything, Jai. He hasn't moved on.

Jai (signing, caressing her hair): Everything takes time di. Why are you losing hope?

Avu didn't speak a word and sobbed hard on his shoulder while he was caressing her hair. That's when Reem entered inside and was astonished to see Avu's condition. She slowly paced till her while Avu broke the hug seeing her. She stood up from bed, wiping her tears and dragging Reem's arms.

Avu (crying mess): Reemi, please request Sidd to not ignore me and forgive me. He hasn't forgiven me yet. Please! You know I can't live without him. I am ready to do anything, but please don't let him go this time. I have waited to see him for a long time. I just want to be with him. Please!

Reem hugged Avu and patted her back while Avu was crying badly. Reem eyed Jai, who was standing there in tears. Reem broke the hug and wiped Avu's tears, cupping her cheeks.

Reem (politely): Bhaiya has forgiven you long back Avneet. He just needs some time to accept this, and he loves you more than you do. His love will never allow him to leave you alone. I promise!

Avu (blank expressions): He loves me?

Reem nodded her head.

Avu: Then, why is he ignoring me?

Reem (caressing her cheeks): You know bhaiya is a soft hearted person who can not be mad at anyone for a long time. He is not ignoring you, Avneet. He is trying to process everything and listen to his heart. At least you can give him some time, right?

Avu nodded as she processed, and she got the point. Reem smiled, setting her hair.

Reem (being excited): Now, get ready. We are going home and uncle, aunty must be worried for you. Hmm?

Avu nodded, smiling, and left to use washroom while Reem and Jai looked at her disappearing figure. Reem turned her face to left to find Jai already staring at her with a smile on his smile. She frowned. He chuckled, seeing her expressions, and held her hands on his.

Jai: You handled this situation so well. Trust me, you are pure as water.

Reem (sad smile): Life teaches a lot of lessons by time, Jai, and it's not the first time I am handling such a situation. I remember when Siddharth  bhaiya used to get such panic attacks 5 years ago. He used to get out of control, but we all got to know by time to handle him. Today, I found Avu in that same condition where bhaiya was once.

Jai: Your bhaiya was cured by you and your family Reemi, but my sister's medicine is only your brother. It is only he, who can cure her.

Reem nodded, exhaling sharply, and looked up at him.

Reem: Don't worry, Bhaiya will be on track for a few hours.

Jai (confused): Are you sure?

Reem nodded and excused herself. She came out of the room to see Sidd pacing here and there in tension. It was her time now to show her sister side. She acted mad and ran to him. As soon as she reached him, she dragged his arm, making him face her.

Reem (fake anger): What was that, bhai?

Sidd (looking at her confusingly): What are you talking about, Reemi?

Reem (a little loud): Have you seen how weak Avneet has become? Don't you see her pain?

Sidd (stern voice): Did she see mine at that time when I needed her?

Reem (sacrastically): If she would jump in mud, will you do the same? It's not you speaking, bhaiya, it isn't you. It's that so-called ego that is creating a barrier between you and your love.

Sidd (looking away): It's not what you are thinking.

Reem (held his hand and kept it on his heart): Tell me, don't Avneet live here?

Sidd remained quiet and just stared at Reem while she raised her eyebrow, demanding an answer.

Reem: Don't you love her?

Sidd (whispers): I do!

Reem (holding his arm): She needs you bhai, she is in the same situation where you were 5 years ago. Her medicine is you, bhaiya.

Sidd (looking into her eyes): She wants everything to come back to normal in a snap, Reemi. She should give at least a little space to normalize things.

Reem smiled as the truth was out. She quickly hid her smile before her mad face and kept her hand on his shoulder.

Reem (looking at him): You don't have to worry about it. I have explained her. She is understanding and is ready to give you space.

Sidd (looking at her in shock): Are you sure?

Reem nodded, patting his shoulder.

Reem: She needs you, bhaiya, be her strength as we were yours. I promise, everything will be fine.

Sidd looked at her while she nodded her head. He smiled, blinking his eyes.

Sidd: Oh, I remember, I have called dada. He might be coming from the next flight.

Reem (confused): Is everything alright?

Sidd: I only called him to settle the things up for me as I am feeling awkward how to talk to her parents for the proposal of marriage? Don't worry, I have called for you too.

Reem passed him a teasing smile while Sidd smiled, looking away becoming shy. She hit him while he whinced, acting hurt.

Reem (rolling her eyes): Drama King!

Sidd (side hugging her): Because my sister is a drama queen.

Reem: That means you were teasing her?

Sidd (rubbing his back of neck): Kind of but I am serious also.

Reem: You should be careful, she is soon to be my sister-in-law. I shouldn't get any complains regarding you.

Sidd (raising his eyebrows): Excuse me!

Reem (crossing her arms): Yeah! You understood right.

Sidd looked at her with weird look while she laughed seeing his expressions.

Sidd (shaking his head in disrelief): You are unbelievable Reemi!

While Reem was still laughing. She tickled her while laughing while he also laughed and there were giggles all around.

.
.
.
.

To be continued

To be continued.

How was the chapter?

Words=1066